Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #21

MillerTime-not trying to talk you out of a dually, but....

Like I mentioned before, if your numbers all fit, then go with the SRW. By the time you figure the upfront cost and added cost of fuel (more rubber on the road), tolls, and the cost of tires when you need them, for me don't justify a dually for an everyday ride. Did I mention the pain in the butt parking these things at store parking lots ?(spots are getting narrower)

Sure it's probably a little more stable if your going to travel the flatlands with crosswinds etc.. but as far as ' big trucks' passing you, with a trailer as big as these it really is minimal. It plays more of a roll when towing a smaller trailer.

Some trucking companies are changing over to SuperSingle tires instead of the traditional duals, simply because of cost and fuel savings---just a thought!
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Oh and we are also looking at the Crusader 360bhs, almost the same floor plan and specs as the sabre 36qbok, and also the Crusaders 335bhs- its only about 37-38' and a 1657 pin weight.
With a 1657 pin wt, about right for a Chevy S-10 or a Ford Ranger. Should hold the rearend down good.