Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
I forgot to ask, did you have this work done through warranty through the dealer? Or did you buy through an RV Direct, or RV Wholesaler thus have to submit your own warranty work? Either way, how were they for handling the warranty?

dbryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
The electrical was done by my dealer, covered under extended warranty. Cabinets were not going to be covered so I fixed them myself.

sstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #13
If you are having problems with your Sabre, why not talk directly with Sabre? There is a section on there website that allows you to contact them directly.
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
Hi DBRYN. I've been looking to see if anyone else is having problems with their brakes. Thanks for sharing your experiences. We took delivery of our 32 QBDS a couple months ago. Have used twice and overall, really like it. Our biggest problem is the brakes. When I got it home I checked adjustment and then took it out for a test drive - one brake was 375 degrees, two at 130 and one at about 50 degrees. Found a magnet had been mounted incorrectly and the wires wore-off from rubbing against the drum, still can't figure-out why the other brake gets so much voltage versus the others. Thought replacing that one magnet would help. I've noticed some pretty funky wiring myself - different sizes and areas where the wires have worn thru. Can't believe this for a new 5er.
Our electric W/H does not work, gas does. Did an ohm check on the element per Airxcel instructions and that checks OK.
Not real happy with Genesis stereo - poor reception, tinny sound.
All this being said, we really like the 5er (this is our 4th) realizing that there will be problems. Some of these should have been found thru quality control. I'm kind of miffed with the idea that our 5er was towed all the way from Ind to North Calif with the bad brakes. I noticed the plastic insert where you poke a screwdriver thru for adjusting was melted - not a good sign. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow.

2012 Sabre 32QBDS
2006 2500HD Silverado D/A, crew cab 4x4, Pullrite SuperGlide
Rookey is offline   Reply With Quote