Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #1

Question What's a good cover for my columbus 320

I want to get a cover for my new trailer when it arrives. Are the covers by Adco worth the premium price. I have seen some for less, but how are they holding up. Also I seem to get conflicting opinions from those in the RV industry about whether or not I should even use a cover. Something about the cover causing damage to the roof material. I have seen first hand with my last trailer how the sun destroys the finish and the stickers on the trailer in spite of how well I cared for the trailer. I even paid extra for protective finish applied by dealer and spent many hours applying wax once I saw the deterioration and still couldn't save it.
Columbus 320RS on order
dan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #2

We put our Windjammer under a cover--now in its second winter. Since we have a v-nose trailer the out of the box Adco covers really would not fit well so our is custom made by CalMark. It was pricey but so was my trailer so I want it protected. CalMark also comes with a 6 year warranty.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to ByronCR Send a message via AIM to ByronCR Send a message via MSN to ByronCR Send a message via Yahoo to ByronCR Send a message via Skype™ to ByronCR
I use the Adco cover on mine. I used it for 2 years on my TT and it did a nice job. It kept the water out, has plenty of vents, and it fit well. Also dropped down past the bottom of the trailer.

I just got my Columbus 295RL Jan 12, and got my cover a few days ago. I just put the cover on this morning and the 5th wheel cover is even easier to put on than my travel trailer. The top portion of the cover is fairly thick and I have never had any issues with anything puncturing it. The sides are well vented and made with a slightly thinner material which helps it breathe, but sheds water. The cover I got is for a 34'1" to a 37' (Part # 32856) so it should also fit no problem on your 320. The straps are easy to use and they even have weighted straps that you can use to toss the straps from one side to the other under the trailer. Even though I have only been using the adco covers for 2 years (going on 3), it has held up well to all the rain, snow, ice, and wind.
ByronCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #4

Three Covers from Adco

We had an Adco cover on our 28' GN LQ Horse Trailer for five years and were pleased with the durability.

Purchased two covers, one for our two-horse bumper pull and the Designer Series for our Flagstaff 21FBRS.

Very impressed with the Designer Series. Vents, fully covers the roof from snow and water, straps in the front and back for tightening and underneath. Ordered the 20' for our 18' box, covers the spare and able to keep tight. We use the foam noodles on the corners and tennis balls on the rain gutters to prevent tears. Finally, put to horizontal ropes around the trailer (high and low) and 50+ mph gusts are ineffective.

A very windy, now cold winter and they are holding up very nicely.
HorseyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote