Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #1

Whats the real length

I am looking at a 2013 or 2014 Palamino Sabre (not Shadow) model 33CKTS. The brochure states a length of 35' 3". I just received a a specification sheet from a dealer on a 2013 that lists all the options etc (looks like a factory document) it states length at 37' 11". That's 2' 8" longer than the brochure states. I can see the model number not jiving with the real length but not the brochure versus some other document. Can it be?

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidceder View Post
I am looking at a 2013 or 2014 Palamino Sabre (not Shadow) model 33CKTS. The brochure states a length of 35' 3". I just received a a specification sheet from a dealer on a 2013 that lists all the options etc (looks like a factory document) it states length at 37' 11". That's 2' 8" longer than the brochure states. I can see the model number not jiving with the real length but not the brochure versus some other document. Can it be?

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks
1 never believe a brochure.
2 the number in the model number normally is the interior length.

I know a guy at sabre, what model and year do you want an outside length for?
33ckts?

13 or 14 ? Or both ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

1 never believe a brochure.
2 the number in the model number normally is the interior length.

I know a guy at sabre, what model and year do you want an outside length for?
33ckts?

13 or 14 ? Or both ?
Turbs does know a guy! Turbs, if you talk with him tell him I said thanks for the help and I will quit bugging him for a while!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post

Turbs does know a guy! Turbs, if you talk with him tell him I said thanks for the help and I will quit bugging him for a while!
Lol I sent a message into him ....
I'll let him know when I chat with him tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #5

I accept the offer

Nice of you to off this up. It is much appreciated. If it isn't too much trouble I could use both 2013 and 2014 for a Palamino Sabre Model 33CKTS.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

David,

I was informed that the website is getting updated for wrong info and brochure is also wrong.

The correct length for the 33 ckts 2013-2014 is. 37 ' 11 "

And actually he said ALL 33ckts models are that length.

Turbs
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #7

Thanks

Thank you. Nice of you to take the time to do this.

David
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Thank you. Nice of you to take the time to do this.

David
Your welcome David!
So are you looking to buy a sabre?

I hope I speak for most of us on the forum that have them but we all love our sabres!

Turbs
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #9

New Rig

Yes, if I can. Currently have a 25ft Jayco TT. I live in AZ and we just returned from a trip to Galveston TX where we saw 100's of units, none that made my wife tingle. I can upon the Sabre from this Forum and on paper and photos they look great. A problem we have is there is no local inventory, pictures on the web of the same model differ enough for us to be confused. I have a few feelers out for the actual length of a 31ckts. The lady (of the house) has set the limit at 36 feet and I am on her side. I got a great price on a 33 from Indiana but want to purchase locally. A local dealer who I liked over the phone was getting a 33 in a few weeks. I need to see the status of a 31 and I need to see the actual unit I am purchasing.

Any input is appreciated

Thank
Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Yes, if I can. Currently have a 25ft Jayco TT. I live in AZ and we just returned from a trip to Galveston TX where we saw 100's of units, none that made my wife tingle. I can upon the Sabre from this Forum and on paper and photos they look great. A problem we have is there is no local inventory, pictures on the web of the same model differ enough for us to be confused. I have a few feelers out for the actual length of a 31ckts. The lady (of the house) has set the limit at 36 feet and I am on her side. I got a great price on a 33 from Indiana but want to purchase locally. A local dealer who I liked over the phone was getting a 33 in a few weeks. I need to see the status of a 31 and I need to see the actual unit I am purchasing.

Any input is appreciated

Thank
Quite a few of us have bought our sabres from www.Cheyennecampingcenter.com
Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Quite a few of us have bought our sabres from www.Cheyennecampingcenter.com
I would be one of those "quite a few". Great dealership. Give them a buzz and either Turbs or I can give you contacts. Might want to reach out on this forum and see if anyone can get you pics of the specific model you are looking at as well. Bought my last two Sabres sight unseen.....not disappointed at all in fact I was elated with both.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #12

Status

I am making great progress here. Spoke to the regional sales rep for Palamino. He actually called me in response to an e-mail I sent to corporate, really nice guy. He Called the factory and actually had them put a tape measure to the rig and the 33ckts is indeed 37' 11'. The 31ckts is 35' 2". Part of my struggle is I am new to this except for my trailer being pulled by my Expedition and the length is a bit daunting to me with either of these Sabers. If I do this I will also be purchasing a 3/4 ton pickup of some kind. We really like the 33ckts at the 37+ feet. It has a dry weight (brochure of course) of 9767lbs and a hitch weight of 2,048. For example a Ford Super Duty 250 Diesel has a max pull weight of 14,000 lbs and a payload of 3150 lbs with the short bed. Does anyone see a problem with this set up? For sure I don't want to purchase the wrong thing.

Thanks Guys
Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

One ton dually looks to be your answer.

For the 33ckts anyway.

You'll eat your payload up before your even ready to go camping with a 3/4 ton srw.

Turbs
Old 04-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #14

I really don't want a one ton dually. The 31 ckts is weighted at 7975 dry with a hitch of 1692. That gives me a lot more breathing room. Thoughts appreciated
Old 04-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
I really don't want a one ton dually. The 31 ckts is weighted at 7975 dry with a hitch of 1692. That gives me a lot more breathing room. Thoughts appreciated

the 31ckts is more like what I pull "32bhok-6" with my 3/4 ton
1872 hitch
9572 uvw
12032 gvw
2410 ccc
Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
Always Learning

Quote:
If I do this I will also be purchasing a 3/4 ton pickup of some kind. We really like the 33ckts at the 37+ feet. It has a dry weight (brochure of course) of 9767lbs and a hitch weight of 2,048. For example a Ford Super Duty 250 Diesel has a max pull weight of 14,000 lbs and a payload of 3150 lbs with the short bed. Does anyone see a problem with this set up? For sure I don't want to purchase the wrong thing.

Thanks Guys
In general, you're going to lose a little or a lot of advertised payload by the time you are ready to camp in the truck between you, spouse, kid(s), stuff you carry, add-ons for the truck (my RetraxPro bed cover alone is pretty heavy) and then the hitch itself. I was pretty shocked to find that the difference for me between my yellow sticker and my actual weight of the truck indicated that I had loaded 1,100 pounds into it. It meant that instead of 4,200 pounds of payload capacity, I had an actual 3,100 pounds of payload capacity.

After that, I had a good 2,500 pounds difference from what the advertised "dry weight" of my camper was and where I landed ready to camp. Bearing in mind, it was the first trip of the season; I had nearly empty propane tanks; generally empty holding tanks with only about a 1/2-2/3 load of water and significantly less food/drinking water than I normally carry. I wouldn't be surprised to see that end up another 500-1,000 pounds with my normal accumulation through-out the season and the varying levels of fluids in the tanks.

Personally, I think it's safest to plan off of the trailer's maximum weight (the GVWR) when planning on weight calculations. The pin weight is usually 20-25% of the trailer's weight; though, there are fringe cases and layouts where it's less (for instance, my camper is only 16% pin weight).

Are you in one-ton territory? Likely. Are you in dually territory? Hard to say without looking at actual payload capacities and doing some maths.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
daydreaming about camping

typically the 1 ton SRW models payload capacity is not a big jump from the 3/4 ton. You have to step to the DRW to get the high payload ratings.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #18

I have the 33ckts and love it. It called our name when we saw it. So far so good with our 2012 F250 6.2l. We are probably over the payload by a few pounds but comfortably under the rawr. I was sure I would need air bags but surprisingly not much squat. Tracks and rides nicely. Like was said before there's not much difference between the 250srw and the 350srw in payload and I sure am not getting a drw for the amount of times we will be towing. Good luck on your choice.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #19

33 ckts

Hey Chuck;

The 33 was our first choice as well but really didn't want to pull the length. The brochure stated 35.5 ft but it is a misprint. In actuality it is almost 38 ft. We spent 3 hours in a 33 yesterday. This was the first Sabre we ever saw and being that the bedroom and bathroom are identical to the 32 RCTS we feel confident we can order the 32 with minimum surprises.

On the truck numbers. I was just about to pull the trigger on a F-250 but at the last minute I realized that the diesel lowered the payload from 3250 LBS to just over 2600 LBS. (that engine must be a heavy sucker). When I configured the F-350 with the engine the payload was 3970 LBS, so what the hell, who knows what the future holds and since I was buying new I went for the big mother.

Glad your pulls fine, that's a good thing

So far I have only read 1 bad scathing review of a Sabre. Everyone seems to love them.

Be safe out there.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #20

You have made a good choice. A Sabre and a Ford...don't get much better than that. Enjoy!

-BC-

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote