Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
MaD
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
Wheel Chock - sabre 36tbok

I ordered my sabre with the 16" tire option. Now i unable to find wheel chocks that fit. There is not enough space the tires for the BAl chocks, i just bought the BAL Chock that sits on the ground between the tires, it works if your tires are on a plank, but if your on soft ground it will not fit between the wheels.

Is there another company that makes thinner wheel chocks?
__________________

MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
I ordered my sabre with the 16" tire option. Now i unable to find wheel chocks that fit. There is not enough space the tires for the BAl chocks, i just bought the BAL Chock that sits on the ground between the tires, it works if your tires are on a plank, but if your on soft ground it will not fit between the wheels.

Is there another company that makes thinner wheel chocks?
Make a set out of 4" x 4" and a 1/2" or 5/8" threaded rod. Just google "homemade wheel chocks". Wheel Chocks
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
H2oski
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hartford, AL
Posts: 639
I had to go with BAL Xchocks. They fit fine.
__________________
Wife
2007 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6
2012 Sabre 31RETS
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 119
BAL X chocks

I agree. BAL Xchocks work well. You just have to draw them in all the way and they will fit.
clange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
MaD
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
I those ones first. I used a socket to make them as small as possible and they still wouldn't fit.

I can hammer them in somewhat but they only go in partially.

Going to see if i can modify the last ones i bought. Probably chop off a small piece so the are not as wide.
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 20,020
Roto Choks!
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD
I those ones first. I used a socket to make them as small as possible and they still wouldn't fit.

I can hammer them in somewhat but they only go in partially.

Going to see if i can modify the last ones i bought. Probably chop off a small piece so the are not as wide.
I'd be interested in what you come up with, I also have the x chocks and unfortunately just found out tires too close to fit them.
I'm disappointed I can't reuse my chocks from our previous TT!



__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 11,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Make a set out of 4" x 4" and a 1/2" or 5/8" threaded rod. Just google "homemade wheel chocks". Wheel Chocks
I made a set as described above and they work great.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NM
Posts: 16
Roto Choks!!!!!!
__________________
2010 Sabre 31RETS-6
2010 Ford F350 PSD
MartyI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
BB
 
Rotorhead102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 39
I have a 34TBOK and use the X chocks as well. Agree with the other posts you have to draw them all the way in, but they fit in between my tires fine.
Rotorhead102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 884
X chocks work on mine also once I got them cranked in all the way. I used a shot of Tri-Flow Lube spray and it made it easier.

btw)... used Tri-flow for everthing. It especially works great on the folding steps
__________________
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2020 Cedar Creek 34IK / 2019 Ram3500 CID
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
slide5r4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 294
We went with Roto chocks also.
__________________
Kevin & Janine
2019 F350 Lariat DRW
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gravelbourg, SK
Posts: 39
Another vote for the X-Chocks - what we use on our 34TBOK
__________________
2013 Ram 2500 SLT 4 x 4 c/w 5.7L & 4.10 - 6spd Auto
2013 Palomino Sabre 34TBOK-6
2014 GMC Sierra SLE 4 x 4 c/w 5.3L - 6 spd Auto
2011 Crestliner Superhawk c/w 115HP Mercury
2012 Honda CBR250
iceman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,721
Roto Choks - their sizes are customizeed to the space between the wheels (you measure and order the specific ones you need) -- they fit as small as you need.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad
Roto Choks - their sizes are customizeed to the space between the wheels (you measure and order the specific ones you need) -- they fit as small as you need.
X2...I just got these in for our camper and they worked great!
Like them better than my X Chocks from our previous camper...thanks to everyone who recommended these



__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
X2...I just got these in for our camper and they worked great!
Like them better than my X Chocks from our previous camper...thanks to everyone who recommended these
If the X Chocks and the Roto Choks both lock the wheels, what is the difference in them other than the way they are installed?
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #17
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

If the X Chocks and the Roto Choks both lock the wheels, what is the difference in them other than the way they are installed?
X Chocks don't fit small gaps between tires ( mine was just under 1 3/4"), so I got to order the specific size needed through RotoChocks.
On install, RotoChocks so much faster, no cranking the ratchet a million times. Roto's have a cleaner fit and finish with little metal parts to fuss with like luring.



__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.


×