Old 02-23-2016, 01:10 AM   #11

Just bought a 2015 SolAire 220X. Waiting for spring. Live in Minnesota so weather can be bad. Any tips, suggestions from anyone? Also due to the snow and ice here, we want to get a cover for it. Asked at Palomino and didn't get any help on which one fits best. They gave me a website of a company they dealt with for 15 years. Said they will help. Right. All I got from them was a recommendation for one cover. They said it is a good one "If it will fit!" Hmmmm Don't care for "Ifs!" lol Any help will be appreciated! Thanks RM

Old 02-23-2016, 01:46 AM   #12

RockyMisti: I got an Elements cover from Camping World for my Solaire. It fits great. There are numerous straps that snug the cover on all sides. Be sure to put padding on any pointy or sharp edge. (tv antenna, rain gutter, etc) When I first put it on I forgot to pad the corner of the rain gutter over the slide. It caused a 2" tear as I was putting the cover on. I thought that would be the beginning of the end for the cover. I put a piece of Gorilla duct tape on both sides of the tear and the hole has not gotten any bigger. Based on my first winter of using this cover I highly recommend the Elements cover.

This forum is a great source of information, in general, about travel trailers even if there are rarely Palomino issues discussed.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:28 AM   #13

Thanks PSU Turf, I'll give them a try. And thanks for the advice on the padded edges. How about about the AC?
Old 02-23-2016, 09:19 AM   #14

The edges on my AC are smooth and rounded. The antenna was the only thing on the roof that I had to pad. I wrapped the the gutter extension at each upper corner of the trailer. I think there is also a door stopper for the entry door that stuck out. I used thick landscape fabric for padding.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMisti View Post
Thanks PSU Turf, I'll give them a try. And thanks for the advice on the padded edges. How about about the AC?
RockyMISTY, Not sure about yours, but our Solaire Eclipse 297 has the textured front cap and told it would tear up a cover. I decided I didn't want to do a $300 experiment! Figured it could wait 'till I do some more research. Does anyone have an answer?

2006 GMC Sierra CC 1500 Z71
2014 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 297rlds
Husky Centerline w/d hitch
Retusps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:32 AM   #16

Our Solaire isn't the Eclipse package, but from reading and researching, you are correct re that bed liner-like material tearing up covers. Lots of reports of total destruction of very high quality covers in well under one season of use. Proceed with caution if you have the Eclipse package.
Brian
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #17

We too bought a "starter" Puma and are having a blast with it. We can't wait to head out for a week after Easter and to Ft Wilderness in May, 6 days will be the longest the 4 of us +2 furry critters have stayed in the camper.

We have had few quality issues, mainly the drawer slides. I fix stuff myself so it only went to the dealer once for minor stuff and to have a ladder installed.
Nights Camped 2017 0
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #18

We live In WV and bought our solaire 267bhsk in Princeton. I guess our biggest issue is that we love the outside kitchen. But when the 2015 came out the didn't put it one this one anymore and we didn't find this out till it was delivered to the dealership. It was about 8 weeks late. But that's about the only complaint we have. We had to get a new AC last summer. We have only seen 2 other solaire in about 2 years of camping. One at natural bridge VA. And one at pipestem State park last fall. WE LOVE OURS. We see a lot of heads turn when pull in any where.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #19

We have an 2012 267 bhsk, only minor issues, the outside kitchen didn't have a stove and I hardly ever used it. I pulled the cabinet out and mounted my icemaker in there and the rest is storage
Old 05-05-2016, 08:00 PM   #20

Puma 23FB

We just recently purchased a 2016 Puma 23FB. We love it. I thought that this unit was an upgrade compared to the many other units in the same size and weight. We looked and compared for over a year. I guess it would be considered a starter unit because we were not willing to go over $20K for a camper. Perhaps that limited us. We love what we got though. It is exactly what we wanted. Only complaint is the mattress. After only 6 nights, it has low spots where our bodies lay. That will be replaced quickly.

Tags
palomino