Old 09-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #11

Well after pulling the stairs out I was able to access my central vacuum and it wasn't plugged in. Now new problem, it runs non-stop once its plugged in. I was wondering if anyone knew where the Vacuum Relay is located, it seems to be the place to check with this condition.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #12

In my Columbus you can remove the step above the hose connection to access the vac there is an AC receptacle next to the motor where it should be plugged into. The cover over the hole where the hose connects acts as an on/off switch when the hose is not connected. Lift it up to turn it on then slide it down to turn it off.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #13

The system can be turned on with out the hose buy pulling it up. This is for cleaning up from hand sweeping. To turn it off push the outlet down towards the floor. What Columbus do you have I have the f370fl.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #14

My actual unit with the bag is underneath in the cargo compartment, just about directly under the cabin hose connection. If the removable door holding in the bag is not on correctly the unit will not run,
fedexflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #15
Dave on Burton

There is not a on/off switch on the vac. If it runs continually remove the step. Remove the vac, remove the plastic end and you will see the circuit board with the relay. Bump it with the screwdriver handle. They seem to get stuck after sitting for a while without any use
Old 09-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #16

Tried ours for the first time last week. It runs but no suction. Haven't had a chance to investigate yet but anyone else have a similar problem?

2015 Nights Camped: 23
2016 Nights Camped: 27
2017 Nights Camped: 28
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
Tried ours for the first time last week. It runs but no suction. Haven't had a chance to investigate yet but anyone else have a similar problem?

First time after installing mine was those exact symptoms- longest story shortest, I didn't have the container closed properly after I installed the bag. I felt like quite the dummy because I took down my basement wall and uninstalled it before I smacked my head and thought, "duh!"
Old 09-09-2015, 12:04 AM   #18

We have a 325RL and our vac doesn't work either. It comes on when you lift up the flap to plug in the hose but once open enough to attach the hose it shuts off. I got so frustrated with it I gave up and got my old bissel stick vac out of the house to use. It's on the list of fixes when we take it back to the dealer for repairs.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #19

You can not be more wrong, the switch is in the cover/ wall mount if after you open the cover look at the wall plate you will see a small black piece of plastic sticking out, if you push it in the van will shut off. If the unit is not working, the owner needs to check hat there is power to the unit, check all plugs and circuit breakers, after that if new take it back and have the unit replaced, if not new and handi pull it out and try and fix it. It is not rocket science folks
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:53 PM   #20
RECAT

Our in the 320 rs worked fine until we pluged in to shore power 2 months ago. I opened the door and the vacuum was runing and would not shut off. Pulled the circuit breaker until I could pull up steps and unplug the vacuum. After tinkering I determine the slide/plug in switch had failed. I installed a switch beside it and ran he power wire to it. Works great, except when my 2 year old grand son saw, he loves all button switches etc. He loved turning it on and off but that is ok by Papa.

2014 COLUMBUS 320RS
WAR EAGLE !!
REBCAT is offline   Reply With Quote