Old 02-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #1

Which unit?

Anybody have or know anything about the 27-SBU travel trailer or 298-FQU fifth wheel unit? Anyone own either and how is the quality as compared to other units? Here is the link to the floorplans:
http://www.palominorv.com/site/defau...est=floorplans

Old 02-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #2

this must be the unleashed series, we have the Puma 30thss which has the side load door, its not a toy hauler in the true sense but it suits our needs well. The quality is great for the money, we could have defintley spent more money but just like cars or trucks your buying more standard features when you spend more. And between fiberglass or metal siding glass does look nice, at least for a few years but in our case it was not worth the big price gap. have you seen this in person? there was not a local Puma dealer in our area so we kinda bought blind. Here's a link to the puma dealer where we bought ours : [?]
happy camping!

Old 02-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #3

Thanks for you input commander - Yes it is the unleashed series, as I have 3 quads to haul to national races and was looking for a good quality unit more than one with all the bells and whistles - A generator is the only must and if affordable I would like to get a fifth wheel unit over a conventional travel trailer - Do you think they make a quality unit?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdad88 View Post
Thanks for you input commander - Yes it is the unleashed series, as I have 3 quads to haul to national races and was looking for a good quality unit more than one with all the bells and whistles - A generator is the only must and if affordable I would like to get a fifth wheel unit over a conventional travel trailer - Do you think they make a quality unit?
Yes they do, I have one and im very happy. For the money I was unable to find anything any better. The Unleashed are nice, i have the 30thss which is the regular trailer with the side load door. If your interested further here's the number to the salesman, Mark, who helped us, 801 430 1921. the dealership is allseasons rv in Michigan. Good Luck!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #5

I'm sure you have probably purchased a hauler by now but; I own a 2011 Unleashed 298-FQU Fifth Wheel. I pulled it from southern Ohio to Olympia, Wa and back (5,000 miles) last summer with a Harley Ultra Classic and Yamaha dual sport inside. We had no problems and were very pleased with the unit. True, you can spend more and get more features, but we loaded up on options and still got it for 22K. There were a few minor build issues but the factory and dealer were both very helpful and it was nothing that I had to take it back to get fixed. I tow it with a 2005 F250 6.0. Truck + loaded camper weighed 17,800 on a Cat scale at the truck stop, and we were loaded for a month on the road.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #6

We went and looked at the puma. It was very nice inside and I seriously considered buying it. I really wanted the aluminum frame and fiberglass siding though. So I paid a little more and got the Sabre also by Palomino. Other than that they were almost identical.

Tags
palomino