Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #1

White plastic piece exposed under slide

Hello. I have a white plastic piece (runs full length of slide) that has come out from under the bottom of the slide. Anyone know what this is and how difficult it is to replace?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jwill18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

Got any pictures of this piece? Only thing I can think of, if it's the same length of the slide, is the wear strip on the ramp, provided it's a flush floor slide. How well does the slide go in and out now? Any signs of wear or scratches under the slide.

Need a bit more info.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Got any pictures of this piece? Only thing I can think of, if it's the same length of the slide, is the wear strip on the ramp, provided it's a flush floor slide. How well does the slide go in and out now? Any signs of wear or scratches under the slide.

Need a bit more info.

I don't have it with me (camping now)! It's about 3 inches wide and a 1/4" thick. My local service rep said it was a slide starter. So far, I've had no issues with running slide in/out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #4

It's definitely the slide strip. Mine came loose too. The bunkhouse one I was able to reattach, but the living room was done by a dealer. I think you can scratch or tear the underslide or flooring without that piece. Contact your dealer
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Sounds like the wear strip. It secures to the black metal trough / ramp that the slide drops into when fully extended. That's what the slide floor rides on when coming in / going out. Sounds like the screws sheared. Definitely needs to be replaced, or resecured pretty quick. Take a look at the underside of your slide floor. Hopefully there wasn't any pieces of screws left in the trough that would scar up the bottom. For now, lift up the carpet flap inside and see if you can see where it was mounted. Might see what's left of some screws. Maybe not an option now, but you can bring your slide in a couple of inches. Then jack up the slide an inch or so to inspect the whole trough a little more thorough. You'll have to evenly distribute the jack pressure with something the length of the slide, and preferably use 2 jacks. Several ways of doing this, so I won't elaborate too much.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Sounds like the wear strip. It secures to the black metal trough / ramp that the slide drops into when fully extended. That's what the slide floor rides on when coming in / going out. Sounds like the screws sheared. Definitely needs to be replaced, or resecured pretty quick. Take a look at the underside of your slide floor. Hopefully there wasn't any pieces of screws left in the trough that would scar up the bottom. For now, lift up the carpet flap inside and see if you can see where it was mounted. Might see what's left of some screws. Maybe not an option now, but you can bring your slide in a couple of inches. Then jack up the slide an inch or so to inspect the whole trough a little more thorough. You'll have to evenly distribute the jack pressure with something the length of the slide, and preferably use 2 jacks. Several ways of doing this, so I won't elaborate too much.

Ok. Thanks. Sounds like I can at least look at it myself before I decide to take it in to the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
slide