Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #1

Window Damage 2016 320RS

Traveling south on I 95 the left side living room (lower half) window shattered. This is the rear emergency exit window, as well. Dozens of 1/2 inch size pieces landed inside. The window release mechanism apparently ended somewhere in the roadway among the remainder or the pieces. The section of the road in S.C. was rough where I think it may have happened. If not, assume a projectile of some sort hit the window. But nothing found within the camper. The screen was also displaced. Any ideas or reasons what may have happen? Irregardless, I went to Camping World in Myrtle Beach which is undergoing an expansion and had very little interest in getting a replacement (y'all know how C.W. operates). Called my local C.W. in PA and I waited 4 hours for a return call which came after I called Corp. C.W.. I did also get a phone message from G.M. @ M.B. C.W., but she is on vacation thru the remainder of the week. Whether it was a defective window (still under warranty) or road hazard, the importance is getting a replacement . Neither C.W. has a solution on what or how to order a this window. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed? I did send a chat e-mail message 3 days ago to Palimino and no response.
Appreciate any help!
Jim Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:13 PM   #2

The window is not exclusive to your Columbus and can be found on many other RVs. Take it to any RV dealer that handles Forest River products and have them order one. Don’t know about warranty, though. Try your insurance company.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #3

I have a 2015 320RS and had a issue with the same window, but not to the extent of window breakage. When I returned home from a trip I found the escape window latch broken, which means that the window was flapping in the breeze. So I guess I was lucky that it didn't break.
Dave Mun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barb View Post
Traveling south on I 95 the left side living room (lower half) window shattered. This is the rear emergency exit window, as well. Dozens of 1/2 inch size pieces landed inside. The window release mechanism apparently ended somewhere in the roadway among the remainder or the pieces. The section of the road in S.C. was rough where I think it may have happened. If not, assume a projectile of some sort hit the window. But nothing found within the camper. The screen was also displaced. Any ideas or reasons what may have happen? Irregardless, I went to Camping World in Myrtle Beach which is undergoing an expansion and had very little interest in getting a replacement (y'all know how C.W. operates). Called my local C.W. in PA and I waited 4 hours for a return call which came after I called Corp. C.W.. I did also get a phone message from G.M. @ M.B. C.W., but she is on vacation thru the remainder of the week. Whether it was a defective window (still under warranty) or road hazard, the importance is getting a replacement . Neither C.W. has a solution on what or how to order a this window. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed? I did send a chat e-mail message 3 days ago to Palimino and no response.
Appreciate any help!
I recently had the same problem. How did you resolve it?
Flatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:45 PM   #5

Window Damage

Finally turned damage to my ins. co., but with a $1000 deduction no luck there.
Ordered a new window from CW and replaced it my self. $500 cost to me.
Jim Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #6

Thank you for the information
Flatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #7

To resolve the broken latch I went down to the local RV store, they had one in the back for around $9.00. Drilled out the rivets and put screws back in place.
Dave Mun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:29 PM   #8
Retired

Window Damage 2016 320RS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2049.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	205790
Jim Barb
Did it look something like this ?
This is on the passenger side happened somewhere btw Fredericksburg, TX & Albuquerque, NM. cut a piece of plexiglass to fit, radius and all; secured it with gorilla tape. It’s now weather tight.
The C is at our dealer in MA being fixed. Odd thing is the windows are made by Lippert Components and they only will replace the entire unit not the individual piece.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #9
Retired

Window Damage 2016 320RS

The new window was delivered yesterday and installed... thanks go out to Orchard Trailers and Lara Mitchell at Columbus for a quick turnaround. The window left Columbus Thursday arrived at dealer yesterday.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2486.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	205883 can you find the window?

Tags
320rs, window