Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #21

Ok. But M4 gives you a 12 month warranty. RV-leds.com gives lifetime (not transferable). Superbrightleds.com gives 2 years.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Ok. But M4 gives you a 12 month warranty. RV-leds.com gives lifetime (not transferable). Superbrightleds.com gives 2 years.
Yeah true, the first company I couldn't find much for interior lighting and their pricing is very high. A lifetime warranty for a device that generally lasts 30 to 40 thousand hours (continuous) is a pretty safe bet. Briteleds is much more decent in pricing but still did not see a lot of direct replacement leds. Unless I am missing how to search these sites.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #23

Which bulbs do you recommend, the cool bright or the warm l white bulbs.
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #24

Folks I read some of the posts here and the pricing on LED lighting here in the states is CRAZY, I replaced every bulb in my coach (over 50 bulbs) with shipping for under $50.00. go to the source LED House Lights, Eco-Friendly Low Volt LED Light Bulbs For Car, Boat and get any type of light bulb in led type you can think of for penny's on the dollar. The service was great and will order again when I need some other lights, so give this a try and be happy
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #25

lights cb or ww

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuertz View Post
Which bulbs do you recommend, the cool bright or the warm l white bulbs.
Depends on what you want to use them for. Warm white will more closely resemble the color of the incandescent light (slightly yellow tint). The cool bright will be a white light (slightly harsher). I use cool bright or daylight for reading area or working area (desk light or kitchen). I use the warm white for living or dining area. All lights are measured in degrees kelvin, the higher the temperature the brighter (whiter) the light. Warm white is 2500-3500K, natural white is 4000-4500K, cool white is 5000-6500K. Hope this helps.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nshort View Post
A lifetime warranty for a device that generally lasts 30 to 40 thousand hours (continuous) is a pretty safe bet.
I've heard many reports of them failing way way short of that time. That's why you would need the warranty.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #27

Yes, there are circumstances where LEDs fail early. It is important to pay attention to construction. Heat is any devices enemy so being able to conduct the heat away is important. They all (mostly) are made in China but the quality varies. You want to order ones that use an aluminum substrate NOT bakelite. The aluminum acts as a heat sync and conducts the heat away, extendiing the life of the unit imensely, and yes, LEDs do conduct heat. So whether you order from China or a US company that imports from China, order the quality unit. You will be happier in the long run. Now for those of you that are considering an LED strip to replace your T5 flourescent tube, I have found a LED tube for 10 bucks. I am ordering one, at first, to evaluate it and will post the results.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #28
410 QS 425 2011 Birkshire

Have looked at a lot of Led light web sites and allways come back to Amazon. com
malewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote