Old 03-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

another led company

anybody see this place I just noticed being advertised on frf

Flexible LED Ribbon Strip Lights for Lighting Applications - UL Recognized

turbs

Old 03-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Owner/Operator

This company wants $189.00 for the same system that many of us have ordered from China for $25.27, with free shipping. Took about 10 days to get them.

Here's a great thread, and check out post #643

My solution to awning lights

RodeoGeorge

Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #3

There is a guy on ebay selling the $25 kits starting at $94.99, and from what I have seen they are selling. I need to order several and see if I can make a buck with them.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
There is a guy on ebay selling the $25 kits starting at $94.99, and from what I have seen they are selling. I need to order several and see if I can make a buck with them.
Go for it. That's the American entrapeneur way.

Hopefully the Forum Users will read the info on Forum and order from the less expensive source.

RodeoGeorge
Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #5

They sure do seem expensive. As in very expensive, compared to what you see on ebay. Sure the ebay ones are made in good 'ol China, but for the price and what they are, does it matter? Are these LEDs a safety concern? I bought a few Chinese ones for under $5 including shipping to replace a couple o 1142 bulbs. They *seems* okay so far.

The one I looked at in the link says to allow 100W at 12V for 10' long. Isn't that a lot? Are these things that inefficient? Says 9.5 watts per foot. Are they all like that?

I was thinking of installing a strip for indirect lighting on the ceiling, but if they are that power hungry, I will probably say no. 100W is a llot of heat too.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Owner/Operator

The maximum wattage is 72W for 5 meters (about 15 feet) of the LED Strip when all colors are operated at full brightness. That's a 6 Amp draw.

I'll be using 9 Feet of the strip on my awning, which would be 3.6 Amps at full brightness if all colors (Red, Green, Blue) are operating in the white light mode.

I can dim them slightly, or go to a color other than white to reduce that even further. Considering that an 1141 Bulb draws close to 2 Amps, I'll not be drawing much more that a single 1141 with a lot more light output.

In any case, you have to pay to play.

RodeoGeorge
Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #7

I was looking at their "Ribbon Star Supreme". (Sounds like an ice cream flavor.)

UL Listed Flexible LED Light Strip - Ribbon Star Supreme White 118" - 3m

Okay, got it. They have wattages ranging from 0.96to 9.5 watts per foot version. I wonder wattage to use in an RV for accent lighting? Still all seems rather expensive.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Owner/Operator

My final comment is, that the ECO Light Web Site is merely an importer of the same LED products that can be purchased direct from China at a MUCH lower price.

If you visit the web site below, you will find the exact same products at a fraction of the cost listed on ECO Light.

items in WELLS HONGKONG ELECTRONICS store on eBay!

Also, I see that the set you've linked to in your post is using the 3014 SMD LEDs, which are not as efficient or durable as the 5050 SMD IP65 LEDs.

I, and several other Forum members have purchased from WELLS-HONGKONG, and realized fast shipping and transit times.

But, it's your $, and if you feel more comfortable purchasing from a US supplier (even though they are selling a Chinese product), that is your preference.

RodeoGeorge
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
brania

Does anyone know how to remove interior bulbs in order to replace with LEDs? I have cover off but am unable to remove bulb without damaging it. I have a 2011 solera 24S. Thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #10

What kind of bulb? The 921s in my TT just pull out of the plastic holder. You think you are breaking the bulb but you just exert enough pressure to pull the bulb out. If you still are having a problem I could attach a picture after work. If they are 921s, it is very easy. I thought Ibroke the light the first time I pulled a bulb out so you are not alone. Good Luck!

GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote