Old 07-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Site Team

Good Sam Club Benefits Changes

I do have a question but want to preface it with this information. I'm a Life Member of the Good Sam Club. One of the many benefits of membership is the "Highways" magazine. Good Sam has announced that as of February 2014 the magazine will be discontinued as an individual magazine and will become "blended" or inserted into the "Trailer Life" or "Motor Home" magazine (members' choice) for quarterly delivery.

I contacted Good Sam to assertain if I would still get a magazine with my Life Membership after Feb 2014, as was part of the original membership package. After two replies to my question, I'm still confused as ever.
QUESTION? Do any of you have a clear answer about this? I can post my email replies from Good Sam if it'll help. I'm wondering if I'm asking the wrong question or if GS is beating around the bush in telling me that I will lose one of the benefits that got me to join in the first place. Feedback welcome, and thanks.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

No idea. I am also a life member (10% discounts at Camping World) and subscribe to Trailer life. Not sure yet as a I have a few years to go on my subscription.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

You need to let them know if you are interesting in the Trailer magazine or the Motorhome magazine. Even if you don't subscribe to either of these, you will receive the issue (of whichever you chose) which has the Good Sam insert in it. Simple.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
No idea. I am also a life member (10% discounts at Camping World) and subscribe to Trailer life. Not sure yet as a I have a few years to go on my subscription.
I'm a life member also, Not sure but it would seem to me that the "life Members" would be notified by snail mail or email if there was to be changes made. Am I barking up the wrong tree thinking that?

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #5

I have received both snail mail and email explaining this (but am not a life member). It was also covered in the front cover "letter" from Marcus in the last Good Sam magazine.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
I have received both snail mail and email explaining this (but am not a life member).

Oh cool!! Go figure huh.. Now I am I haven't seen a thing in print till now.

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I do have a question but want to preface it with this information. I'm a Life Member of the Good Sam Club. One of the many benefits of membership is the "Highways" magazine. Good Sam has announced that as of February 2014 the magazine will be discontinued as an individual magazine and will become "blended" or inserted into the "Trailer Life" or "Motor Home" magazine (members' choice) for quarterly delivery.

I contacted Good Sam to assertain if I would still get a magazine with my Life Membership after Feb 2014, as was part of the original membership package. After two replies to my question, I'm still confused as ever.
QUESTION? Do any of you have a clear answer about this? I can post my email replies from Good Sam if it'll help. I'm wondering if I'm asking the wrong question or if GS is beating around the bush in telling me that I will lose one of the benefits that got me to join in the first place. Feedback welcome, and thanks.
Sign-in to the Good Sam website. Then you should be able to view a Member Notification in a panel located in upper right corner. When you open the panel, it addresses the issue you discussed. I just completed this process and selected what magazine I wanted the extra magazine credit for Good Sam Magazine.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by l001952119 View Post

Sign-in to the Good Sam website. Then you should be able to view a Member Notification in a panel located in upper right corner. When you open the panel, it addresses the issue you discussed. I just completed this process and selected what magazine I wanted the extra magazine credit for Good Sam Magazine.
I've done that. But will you get your choice for as long as you are a good Sam member or just 4 months? I read the article and the email. Selected trailer life, which I already subscribe too. But it says they'll extend my subscription 4 months. What then? No mag? Still confused. Seems like a simple yes or no question.
Will I get a lifetime subscription with my lifetime membership? Or has GS reneged on the deal?
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by l001952119 View Post
Did that now, did not see anything. Just called the 1-866 number and talked to a rep, tooked care of the change. Just tooked 1 minute on the phone.
Thanks for the info.
http://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Buddys View Post
Did that now, did not see anything. Just called the 1-866 number and talked to a rep, tooked care of the change. Just tooked 1 minute on the phone.
Thanks for the info.
So what is it? A 4 month extension/subscription or a lifetime sub to Trailer Life?

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam

« Hitch tray | X Hose »