Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #21
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
Good luck with that government benefit.
Both DH and I are both retired military. Our promised lifetime medical care devolved to Tricare. DH turned 65 last May, and is required to carry Medicare in order to receive his free Tricare for Life. We now pay triple for his monthly Medicare than we paid quarterly for Tricare. It also seems to take twice as long to get things approved, and he is mandated to use generic meds when possible, or pay full cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I'm also retired Civil Service. I have Medicare Part A but no other Medicare Parts. I kept our BCBS coverage and only used Medicare Part A for a recent hospital visit.

I know some retired military folks and know what you're talking about regarding the rising cost and hassle associated with the Medicare program.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I'm also retired Civil Service. I have Medicare Part A but no other Medicare Parts. I kept our BCBS coverage and only used Medicare Part A for a recent hospital visit.

I know some retired military folks and know what you're talking about regarding the rising cost and hassle associated with the Medicare program.
Same thing for me. Great coverage and low deductible. I even got reimbursed for medical expense/prescription in Finland and Denmark.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:30 PM   #23
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Same thing for me. Great coverage and low deductible. I even got reimbursed for medical expense/prescription in Finland and Denmark.
Yep - I use the Caremark mail order option for my insuline supplies and Walgreens for other prescriptions. No problems - just show my BCBS card and get 90 days supply on all of my and the DW needs.

I'm very grateful for this benefit even with the 2016 BCBS monthly rate going to $516 for Plan 105 from $463.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Yep - I use the Caremark mail order option for my insuline supplies and Walgreens for other prescriptions. No problems - just show my BCBS card and get 90 days supply on all of my and the DW needs.

I'm very grateful for this benefit even with the 2016 BCBS monthly rate going to $516 for Plan 105 from $463.
Whoa...that's expensive. Haven't kept up with the 105 plan since my wife passed away, but did notice the 104 (same thing, just individual and not family) is going up to $210 or so from the current $176.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #25
B47

The

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Whoa...that's expensive. Haven't kept up with the 105 plan since my wife passed away, but did notice the 104 (same thing, just individual and not family) is going up to $210 or so from the current $176.
We been with BCBS almost forever. I never change,but was thinking of looking at the new Self +1 plan,but never did.

I'm satisfied - especially after hearing horror stories from other plan holders.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:08 PM   #26

I just read the bi-monthly Escapees magazine which has an excellent article on Medicare.
You should be able to get the magazine on their website, Escapees.com.
Co-worker's lessor half just lost his job in an oil related layoff. She was very pleased with the coverage that she was able to get on-line thru the ACA. She told me that what she had herd was about the high deducible plans and she was happy to get a low deducible plan.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, travel