Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Just ordered a 50' and will use it for the black tank flush. Maybe get rid of the black 50' one I have now that takes up too much storage space. I like blue better than black anyway.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #22

Alright Old Coot! Adda Boy! Don't let us down!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Just ordered a 50' and will use it for the black tank flush. Maybe get rid of the black 50' one I have now that takes up too much storage space. I like blue better than black anyway.
12 days and still no hose, not a very quick shipper.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #24

Did you call within the next 30 minutes. They'll double the order, all you pay is the extra shipping and handling!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Did you call within the next 30 minutes. They'll double the order, all you pay is the extra shipping and handling!
The extra shipping is real cheap, they don't ship anything.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #26
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Yes I drank out of the garden hose.
Yes you get a set of Ginsu knives...
and I think a MAN came up with this one!
Just saying........

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #27

Sounds like to me you have already begun your review of the Xhose. I'm hoping this will turn out to be good for us. Or we could get hosed!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #28
Mod free 5er

Quote:
The extra shipping is real cheap, they don't ship anything.
HEY! It finally got here. Will try it out in the morning. That's suppose to be a 50 footer! We'll see whether I got "fleeced".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00035.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	16855  
Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #29

That thing sure is wrinkled!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
Mod free 5er

Quote:
HEY! It finally got here. Will try it out in the morning. That's suppose to be a 50 footer! We'll see whether I got "fleeced".
Well, tried it out and first thing happened is it split the hose connector that screws on the faucet. Hose clamp fixed that and actually makes it easier to tighten. The hose does take at least 3 or more times of putting pressure on it before it will stretch to the full 50' length. Once it is stretched, as soon as you open the furnished valve on the end, it tries to shrink. Think it will work pretty good for the black tank flusher, but the instructions warn about leaving pressure on it for extended time periods. Kinda neat and it sure is lightweight. Will now replace my 50' black hose which is heavy and bulky.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #31
Hob

I think I'll keep the old hose. My DW does all the heavy lifting for me.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #32

Hey Coot, by hooking up to the tank flush, wouldn't that put a little pressure on it as opposed to just opening the nozzle on the end of the hose?
Give it a try. And would you need a 50'er? Maybe 25'? How much $ was it + shipping?
Old 07-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #33
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Hey Coot, by hooking up to the tank flush, wouldn't that put a little pressure on it as opposed to just opening the nozzle on the end of the hose?
Give it a try. And would you need a 50'er? Maybe 25'? How much $ was it + shipping?
$39.95 + $7.95 S&H. Got a 50' because some places we camp have the water behind the trailer which makes it just a little too far for 25'. We have 2 white 25' hoses for fresh water which we've had to use several times.

Instructions says "Extended" periods of time, so the flusher shouldn't present a problem. We'll see over the next months/yrs.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #34
Site Team - Lou

Thanks for taking "point" on this...

Was tired of getting shot at ().
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #35
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Thanks for taking "point" on this...

Was tired of getting shot at ().
Not a problem, I think it is going to work out great for the black tank flush.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #36
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Dunnc, you nailed it. How did we ever get to be this old...

herk, it looks good, post a new thread once your testing is completed for the rest of us sceptics....
Old 07-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #37
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Well, tried it out and first thing happened is it split the hose connector that screws on the faucet. Hose clamp fixed that and actually makes it easier to tighten. The hose does take at least 3 or more times of putting pressure on it before it will stretch to the full 50' length. Once it is stretched, as soon as you open the furnished valve on the end, it tries to shrink. Think it will work pretty good for the black tank flusher, but the instructions warn about leaving pressure on it for extended time periods. Kinda neat and it sure is lightweight. Will now replace my 50' black hose which is heavy and bulky.
Got to use it last week a couple of times. 2nd day out, we were invaded with ants all around the camp site. Got out the spray insect killer and the 50' XHose with the furnished shut off valve and proceeded to spray under and all around the campsite. The shut off valve and the 50' length came in very handy. Used it to flush the black tank and it worked like a charm. As soon as the pressure is off, it shrinks back to its normal size. Like the fact that it only weights about 1 lb and I store it in a plastic Folgers coffee can. No more lugging a 50' regular hose just for the black tank and having to coil and store it.

All in all, it is going to be a great light weight addition to the camper, I highly recommend it for a black tank hose and other misc. uses.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #38
Psomaki

Just saw this thread - gotta comment that we went to a one-room, country school. The county truck dumped water into the cistern and we pumped it out into the schoolroom sink with a good old kitchen hand pump - no hot water. Heated the school with an oil-fired space heater. Answered calls to nature in an outhouse. The district could not afford toilet paper so we used the rough, brown paper towels supplied by the county. Nothing compares with using a damp, partly frozen paper towel when it's 20 degrees. Grandpa laughed at us and said this was way better than corncobs...
Psomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #39
NELA

Coulda saved ya'll the wait...I bought one of these (the green one) a couple of months ago. It lasted all of 2 weeks.

It came with a busted connector too. Fix that, then made the mistake of stepping on it. OOPS! The inner rubber liner split about 3 inches.

It'd work great as an outdoor shower now. Turn it on and stand near the split portion.

Also it tends to forget its memory over time. It shrinks less and less every time it's used.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #40
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psomaki View Post
Just saw this thread - gotta comment that we went to a one-room, country school. The county truck dumped water into the cistern and we pumped it out into the schoolroom sink with a good old kitchen hand pump - no hot water. Heated the school with an oil-fired space heater. Answered calls to nature in an outhouse. The district could not afford toilet paper so we used the rough, brown paper towels supplied by the county. Nothing compares with using a damp, partly frozen paper towel when it's 20 degrees. Grandpa laughed at us and said this was way better than corncobs...
HEY NOW! Dad built us a "two holer" outhouse when we were young'uns!

Mom had a rooster that was meaner than a junk yard dog. He catch us in there and just stand outside and wait. He had the patience of Job.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote