Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
2,000,000th Cummins Ram Engine build

There is a YouTube video showing the building of the 2,000,000th Ram engine.

I did a search on YT for it.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
B, I don't see a link to the build.

Is this the video ??
__________________

__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
B, I don't see a link to the build.

Is this the video ??
That is it - I said I had to do a search
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
I have not yet mastered the art of linking videos using this Ipad4 - sorry.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
I have a 2007 Ram 2500 MegaCab with this engine. One of the first series to get the new 6.7l Cummins. They had some real software problems in the beginning. Seemed like my truck was in the shop every other week, getting updates. It was a constant check engine light. They finally got it right and for the last 4-5 years have had no problems. I seriously considered at one time to use the Lemon Law. Glad I didn't. It has turned out to be one of the best I have ever owned.
__________________
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2015 Ford Focus/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
nice video B
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
I have a 2007 Ram 2500 MegaCab with this engine. One of the first series to get the new 6.7l Cummins. They had some real software problems in the beginning. Seemed like my truck was in the shop every other week, getting updates. It was a constant check engine light. They finally got it right and for the last 4-5 years have had no problems. I seriously considered at one time to use the Lemon Law. Glad I didn't. It has turned out to be one of the best I have ever owned.
We have a 2012 Ram Longhorn equipped with the Cummins 6.7L with about 13,000 miles on it and it has been a great engine. we pull a 34 foot FW and have not had a single problem. It goes back to the dealer for service and one ECM update so far. No glow plugs or DEF to mess with.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
PapaSmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
Posts: 242
My '11 is the towing champ of all the trucks I have used. I had a Ford 7.3, before I bought the Ram and what a huge difference!

My only complaint is the fuel mileage, but you can't have everything. I was getting about 16.5 mpg out of the Ford as my daily driver, where I only get about 15 mpg out of the Ram.

But the ram is bigger, heavier, and 4 wheel drive, so I guess really I am doing OK.

Towing they are both in the low 10 mpg range, depending on terrain. The exhaust brake is a great feature. First time I have had that option, but it will not be the last. I like the built in brake controller as well. I think it is far better than the Prodigy I had in the Ford.
__________________
2011 Ram Truck 2500, Crew Cab, 6.7L CTD, 4X4, 3.73 Rear
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
nice video B
thanks - got it from another forum.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
My '11 is the towing champ of all the trucks I have used. I had a Ford 7.3, before I bought the Ram and what a huge difference!

My only complaint is the fuel mileage, but you can't have everything. I was getting about 16.5 mpg out of the Ford as my daily driver, where I only get about 15 mpg out of the Ram.

But the ram is bigger, heavier, and 4 wheel drive, so I guess really I am doing OK.

Towing they are both in the low 10 mpg range, depending on terrain. The exhaust brake is a great feature. First time I have had that option, but it will not be the last. I like the built in brake controller as well. I think it is far better than the Prodigy I had in the Ford.
Yeh - forgot to mention the EB and the factory brake controller, but I wish they had located it in a better position. Mine is on the left lower dash and not always able to quickly look at the settings, but don't really need to that often.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.