Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
Lon

A great way to end the day

I love this forum and read it just before bed. There's something relaxing about a man trying to find the best way to reverse flush his black water tank or learning why the reefer doesn't like to be on an angle for long or how to get the most hot water out of a 6 gallon tank. We don't find a cure for ALS on this site or try to comfort a mother dying from brain cancer. We don't have to worry about how to keep the office going or how to pay medical school tuition on time. What we do here is finite and doable. Whatever problem u have ten other people have had and will show u the solution. I love it. It's better than Valium. Thank heavens for small problems. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427948050.839148.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  97.6 KB
Ps: this is my next project. I do love it so!
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:45 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

Very well said. No matter how bad we have it, somebody somewhere has worse problems and things to face. I consider ourselves very blessed no matter what issues we have. I don't think I've ever had a question or issue go unanswered on this forum, and if I'm ever one of those ten that's had an issue, I definitely like to help others out. Thanks for that post Lon.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #3

What a good way to remind us Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-25-2015, 10:10 PM   #4
Lon

A new ride at the fair

Well my parts finally arrived through ebay so today was the day the install the new awning arm on my camper trailer pictured above. The original insult occurred when my nurse pulled up too close along side and hooked her passenger side mirror on the awning arm. She is kind enough to allow me to park the camper in her driveway with electric hookup to her house all year long for which I am forever grateful. Realizing she was stuck she did what many people do.........note I said people and not women ........she gave it more gas. (Now if this had been my wife who depresses both brake and accelerator at the same time she would have released the brake pedal). This immediately shattered her mirror and made my awning arm look like a gigantic praying mantis with rheumatoid arthritis. So I excised the defective and slightly bent parts from the patient and installed the new ones. To my great surprise the folded awning arm is under considerable spring loaded pressure when the damper is fully depressed. Apparently its neutral position is in the fully extended position. So when I removed the restraining strap I went flying off my ladder across the yard landing with perfect technique on my keaster. My nurses granddaughter cheered and said "Do it again Kaba." ( They all call me Kaba. I don't know why). Then I had an epiphany. This must be what all those warning stickers were about. The rest of the project went smoothly and resulted in a completely restored awning. More pleasant memories from the world of camping but some night when things get a little slow I might just try that catapult ride again.
PS: These things come in pairs and I only needed one so if anyone needs one, in the words of Leonard Cohen "I'm your man."
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #5
Lon

A new ride at the fair

A word to the wise. Don't ever hit edit if you make a typo. You will erase everything you just typed as I just did.