Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #1

Another Black Tank Mishap.

So last night a Fleetwood Terra pulls in at around 2am. This morning I see they are looking very confused and talking to my friend next to them. So I wonder over to see what up and introduce myself and see that that have water running down the side of the coach. He had hooked up the water line to the tank flush and spewed poo out the vent pipe. It is a new unit so not a huge deal but still needing a major disinfect job.
We helped him with the proper hook up and some advice about coming in at 2am and I'm looking at his water bay. The sewer line does not line up with the hole in the floor. The line is facing you when looking in the bay? To hook up the sewer the hose needs to go up the big hole and around the front and hook up. There is no way to empty the sewer line when you un hook.
He also can't close the bay door because the water hose is in the way. The hook up is to close. He has 30 amp service and can only run one AC at a time? Why would they do that. This thing is a train wreck. Two weeks and he has had engine issues, a nail and a bolt in the inside duels one in each side. As we were looking I asked what he hit as the back left side was damaged. He had no idea it was there.
These are very nice people and this is the first RV they have owned. We are all helping them out and are happy to do so but what a rough start.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #2

This is why I love this site, good job helping out.
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #3

Yikes. Im glad you gave them a hand. This is why we did a dry run on the new unit at the farm to make sure we get the proper setup/breakdown checklist!
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

Reminds me of the movie "RV" Glad you were there to help, we all need help no matter how long we have been camping.... Don't ever think you know it all...
Gee Whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
Site Team

Poor guy. Man I hope he learns to like rving.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #6

His wife is ready to return it and forget she ever saw an RV. Hopefully they dude the fun before they get to frustrated. My good friend keeps telling new RV owners that it's not if but when when it comes to broken RV's. You just have to roll with it and have fun.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
See you about noon tomorrow and will be able to join you for lunch. Hopefully it will be an uneventful arrival!!!

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #8

Llyod we are looking forward to it.

Tags
black, black tank, tank