Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
B47

Another Male/Female difference.

Some background info first:

Our community has a recycling program. You place your paper,cardboard,glass,aluminum etc. in a heavy duty plastic bin that also has a lid that can be placed over the bin if you so wish,but is not required.

During recent weeks we have had recent rains. When I put the bin out last week for pickup the next day,I didn't put the lid on because I didn't think it was a problem if the recyclables got wet or not - I mean it gets wet once it goes into the truck anyways. My wife got the lid and went out and placed it on the bin.

Another thing - I take care when placing glass articles in the bin to avoid breaking them - why I don't know except it's just a habit. Once again,my wife gripes at me if any glass articles get broken in the bin. I don't do it on purpose,but it does happen sometimes.. Once again, what difference does it make - it all gets broken in the truck anyways.

Am I the only one that has to deal with this of problem?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:02 PM   #2

Yes!

Any recycling that happens here is her project, I just stand back and watch.

I am easily amused.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Yes!

I am easily amused.
I don't know - I get a good feeling about recycling and hope that I'm making a bit of difference in doing so. Besides,our recycling program is easy - no separating brown grass/clear glass etc. they all go in the same bin.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Yes!

I am easily amused.
I too am easily amused

I let 6 Actual do the recycling gig as well - the lid on the recycling bin is a cool idea that has not been adopted here in AL yet

Both of us feel good about recycling as well
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Some background info first:

Our community has a recycling program. You place your paper,cardboard,glass,aluminum etc. in a heavy duty plastic bin that also has a lid that can be placed over the bin if you so wish,but is not required.

During recent weeks we have had recent rains. When I put the bin out last week for pickup the next day,I didn't put the lid on because I didn't think it was a problem if the recyclables got wet or not - I mean it gets wet once it goes into the truck anyways. My wife got the lid and went out and placed it on the bin.

Another thing - I take care when placing glass articles in the bin to avoid breaking them - why I don't know except it's just a habit. Once again,my wife gripes at me if any glass articles get broken in the bin. I don't do it on purpose,but it does happen sometimes.. Once again, what difference does it make - it all gets broken in the truck anyways.

Am I the only one that has to deal with this of problem?
I had a friend who used to work at a recycling plant sorting the metal, plastics, glass, etc... After seeing a few cuts on his hands, I do try not to let the glass break. But then again, if it does break I'm not going to worry about trying to pick it back out.

Tags
fema