Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #11

Also being a cop, departmental policy determines the pursuit policy. Also Lts. can call it off at anytime if they feel the officer is not being reasonable in his actions. Any traffic stop can "go south" (no offense to my southern brothers) in a heartbeat.

What would have happened if Timothy McVeigh had run from his stop? In 27 years I have seen guns, knives and axes pulled out on traffic stops. NYS has the window tint law and patrol carries the meters and writes the tickets for over excessive tint.

I am glad to only have 3 years left to go so I can camp full time

Nights Camped 2013 - 54 (54 scheduled)
Nights Camped 2014 38
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by david155 View Post
I make them roll it down. I actually felt better in night stops because I can use my spot lights to blind then and create silhouette in the car and use the dark for concealment. But yes suvs and dark tint make for a hair raising moment
I never thought about the rolling down bit - good practice.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Don't know why the chase can't be done in the air instead of on the ground. Could it not be done without the high speed also by using the radios and strategically placed cars? OR, just shoot the tires out.
I think that the helicopter is very useful for following the runner, but you still need the boots on the ground close by when the guys finally stops or is stopped.

Radios ? - that's what I always say about these chases - you just can't outrun the police radio, but these idiots are just too dumb to know that.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golflover View Post
Also being a cop, departmental policy determines the pursuit policy. Also Lts. can call it off at anytime if they feel the officer is not being reasonable in his actions. Any traffic stop can "go south" (no offense to my southern brothers) in a heartbeat.

What would have happened if Timothy McVeigh had run from his stop? In 27 years I have seen guns, knives and axes pulled out on traffic stops. NYS has the window tint law and patrol carries the meters and writes the tickets for over excessive tint.

I am glad to only have 3 years left to go so I can camp full time

We say "go south" too, that just means it's a bad deal.

Our great country has taken a southern route, if you ask me. Someone mentioned you can't do or say much anymore without someone being "offended"
There are lots of folks, some young, some old, that have absolutley no respect for human life, personal belongings or anything else for that matter.
Things have changed....much to the dismay of those of us who were raised under the guidance of "spare the rod, spoil that child"
now we need a village for some reason.
I could take this 14,000 different direections, but I won't. I am still fairly new here and some things are better left unsaid.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses View Post
Lack of respect is the problem. Lord what my Dad would've done to me! My tail hurts just thinking about it! Of course, that's abuse nowadays!
X2
And I love him dearly. Punishment is not abuse.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
X2
And I love him dearly. Punishment is not abuse.
"Punishment is not abuse" you say. Better not let the U.S. Supreme Court or the ACLU hear you say that - we would have to empty all of our prisons!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
We say "go south" too, that just means it's a bad deal.

Our great country has taken a southern route, if you ask me. Someone mentioned you can't do or say much anymore without someone being "offended"
There are lots of folks, some young, some old, that have absolutley no respect for human life, personal belongings or anything else for that matter.
Things have changed....much to the dismay of those of us who were raised under the guidance of "spare the rod, spoil that child"
now we need a village for some reason.
I could take this 14,000 different direections, but I won't. I am still fairly new here and some things are better left unsaid.

Among those of us who do the job we all know what "going sought" means. I was just making sure I didn't offend anyone who lives south of the Mason-Dixon My friends in Myrtle Beach and Greenville SC always use the term also.. Is just a universal statement of bad times....
Nights Camped 2013 - 54 (54 scheduled)
Nights Camped 2014 38
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
B47

Quote:
Among those of us who do the job we all know what "going sought" means. I was just making sure I didn't offend anyone who lives south of the Mason-Dixon My friends in Myrtle Beach and Greenville SC always use the term also.. Is just a universal statement of bad times....
I know what the term means, but in today's PC world, I won't be surprised if some Southerner files a discrimation suit some day.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
"Punishment is not abuse" you say. Better not let the U.S. Supreme Court or the ACLU hear you say that - we would have to empty all of our prisons!
Good point...
I could have expounded and said "and abuse is not punishment."
Those that don't know the difference are best advised to do neither.
Courts have generally upheld spanking children by parents, but not by schools, etc. And if the spanking results in physical injury, that's another matter entirely!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #20

Quote:

There is no offense taken here. In my 30 year career, there were a few...well several situations that tended to go south.
I venture most Southerners take things pretty light, at least in my neck of the woods.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote