Old 08-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #21
Site Team

Peoples, I don't guess I see how he is taking up two spots, as I don't see another spot to his left. It appears he is in the far end spot, and maybe over the left hand edge line, but so what, as there isn't another spot there......from what I can tell. I don't see any handicap emblems to his left on the pavement...nor do I see a handicapped parking sign to his left that would indicate that there is another parking spot there for him to be crowded over in.

It also appears the vehicle in front of him is also in the end parking spot, as there is nothing on the right side of them.....except the main drive.

Everything appears to me that he is mostly in the end spot....thus no harm no foul. By parking like that, it may give them more room to enter/exit the vehicle on the right (if needed for wheelchair access) and would hopefully keep the guy in the next spot from opening a car door into theirs.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Peoples, I don't guess I see how he is taking up two spots, as I don't see another spot to his left. It appears he is in the far end spot, and maybe over the left hand edge line, but so what, as there isn't another spot there......from what I can tell. I don't see any handicap emblems to his left on the pavement...nor do I see a handicapped parking sign to his left that would indicate that there is another parking spot there for him to be crowded over in.

It also appears the vehicle in front of him is also in the end parking spot, as there is nothing on the right side of them.....except the main drive.

Everything appears to me that he is mostly in the end spot....thus no harm no foul.
I like " ...mostly in the end spot ..." So when a cop pulls you over for speeding, do you tell him that you were "mostly" under the speed limit?

Lines are lines and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I like " ...mostly in the end spot ..." So when a cop pulls you over for speeding, do you tell him that you were "mostly" under the speed limit?
If I use that same analogy, then "most" people don't get pulled over for only speeding by one or two miles.......................unless you are in one of Louisiana's famous speed trap towns.

If you had ever seen my coloring books, you would know that I personally don't always stay within the lines myself. LOL

Old 08-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
If I use that same analogy, then "most" people don't get pulled over for only speeding by one or two miles.......................unless you are in one of Louisiana's famous speed trap towns.

If you had ever seen my coloring books, you would know that I personally don't always stay within the lines myself. LOL
Going outside the lines in ones coloring book doesn't make a person inconsiderate, but going over or outside the lines in a public parking space and denying another deserving person the use of that space that they are entitled to is inconsiderate IMO.

Another thing and then I'm done with this is that from time to time some of the local police departments will enforce the handicap parking spaces rules and ticket people who are parking there illegally. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Aside from the parking job, I'm not judging because I don't know the circumstances when they actually parked, the weight issue is clearly a hazard. Not even sure air bags would help that situation because of the amount of weight behind the rear axle. Gives a new meaning to the term, "bump steer".
Old 08-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Going outside the lines in ones coloring book doesn't make a person inconsiderate, but going over or outside the lines in a public parking space and denying another deserving person the use of that space that they are entitled to is inconsiderate IMO.

Another thing and then I'm done with this is that from time to time some of the local police departments will enforce the handicap parking spaces rules and ticket people who are parking there illegally. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
B47, I totally agree with you on people taking up two parking spots...and see you are pretty passionate about it. I have to deal with rude and inconsiderate people all day long.....and it seems like there are more and more of them. I think most of us here in these forums, since we are campers, are more respectful of our neighbors and other people than the general population is.

My point was/is, that this individual pictured has NOT taken up two spots. He is in the end spot and is over the line just a hair to his left....where there isn't another spot. He may actually be sticking over in the drive lane, but a lot of times there is some distance (or marked off striping) between the end spot and the drive lane......so he may not even be in the drive lane.

If he was over to his right, and into another person's spot, I would understand how someone would get rightfully upset at him....as he did deny them a parking spot. I just don't see where he was inconsiderate, since this individual didn't take up anyone else's parking spot. But that's just me.

Having parked at Wal-Mart and other parking lots, I don't always get centered in my spot due to shopping carts being in or partly in my spot. I will admit I don't get out and move the cart, but park accordingly to where the cart is. I may grab the cart after I park, and take it all the way in with me.

There could have been the same possibility that the truck pictured had a cart partially in his way when he parked.....which could be why he parked more to the left than normal.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #27

After fooling with the image look closely at shadow of left aft support it is right on the line and rear tire is just inside the line, not a professional parking job but WTH. My only concern is rear overloading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	idiot-1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	36773  
Old 08-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Saw this parked outside the local Walmart, had to stop and get a picture..!
Nice lookin older unit. Now as to the ones making snide remarks about being parked over the line on left side - it doesn't appear to have another spot to the left. Also due our disabilities we have to park like that to have room to maneuver with our handicapped wheel chair. Notice no extra space beside the passengers door.

Until you have walked in some one's shoe PLEASE allow us to do what we have to do to use a handicap parking space. Oh & also thanks for letting me vent!

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptypockets View Post

Nice lookin older unit. Now as to the ones making snide remarks about being parked over the line on left side - it doesn't appear to have another spot to the left. Also due our disabilities we have to park like that to have room to maneuver with our handicapped wheel chair. Notice no extra space beside the passengers door.

Until you have walked in some one's shoe PLEASE allow us to do what we have to do to use a handicap parking space. Oh & also thanks for letting me vent!
Awwww now I feel bad.....god love you!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #30

I was thinking the problem was front end underloading! I bet it can "lean steer" no problem, but may have to add some brake to get the front tires to actually contact the pavement. At least the front of the cap is aerodynamic.

Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote