Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Mod free 5er

Any Thousand Trails Members

Was wondering if there are any Thousand Trails members on the forum and where are your home campgrounds and do you go to Orlando TT?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #2

Yes, spent a week or so there the last two years. Had a great stay both times. My membership does not have a home park.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Yes, spent a week or so there the last two years. Had a great stay both times. My membership does not have a home park.
Do you go every year and if so, when?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #4

Last year was mid January and the year before late February. We are going on the Las Vegas FROG trip this fall. If we make it to Fl. this year it won't be until February. Peace River was also very good.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #5

clyde we looked at the Thousand Trails program at the FMCA in Indy. What do you think of it? is it worth the money and do you feel the campgrounds are a good quality?

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
clyde we looked at the Thousand Trails program at the FMCA in Indy. What do you think of it? is it worth the money and do you feel the campgrounds are a good quality?
We have belonged since 06 and have been to 7 or 8 of the parks and have not found a bad one yet. All have full hookups. Hershey, PA is a very nice park as is Orlando probably being the nicest we've visited. Over 800 sites and all are exceptionally clean. Buildings are nice, laundry facilities, etc. We have stayed in FL the last 5 yrs and go between Peace River in Wauchula and Orlando from Dec to late Feb or early Mar. Orlando is very convenient to everything including Disney, etc. We like TT. If you 'snowbird' or fulltime, it is an excellent way to camp. We have used TT in Ohio, Tenn, TX. NC, PA, FL. and found all met or exceeded expectations.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Phil57
The membership meets our needs. At first seemed a bit expensive. We use mostly it for resort camping, as snowbirds. Have used 6 of their Preserves and found all to meet or exceed expectations. They are located in FL, NC, & OH.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

If you are a part timer, snowbird or full timer, it is a pretty good investment, especially if you are on the west coast. They have a huge no. of parts out there.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #9

Another TT member here, but I have no info on Florida. When we go to Florida we usually stay in the Disney campground.

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #10

My dad is fulltime and has been a member since the mid 80's. Recently he added me on the "family plan" for a few dollars so I can stay in the parks as well. To date the only time we have used it is one park in TN, and liked the property. Growing up spent a lot of time in different parks in TX, I sure miss those days.
We have not stayed at the TT in Orlando but drove through there in 2010. It was pretty impressive I thought, we had never seen a place quite that big. Seemed clean and staff were friendly and helpful.