What if you're camping in Colorado?

Old 03-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #22

Idk haven't been there. Dw likes Miller 64. So I guess that would be it. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2004 Polaris 330 magnum
Bear the Labrador
cootr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #23

Our kids don't go camping with us any ore cause we drink too much when camping and never bring enough food. Just kidding.

First thing before we leave, put a 30-pack in the fridge at home. Put a 30-pack in the cooler in the RV, add a bottle of Kettle One, a bottle of Captain Morgans and some various mixers, limes and whatnot. Pack the food in the fridge, lots of meat, cheese and eggs.

Then we go camping, check-in, get the site and pull or back in. Get out of the truck, crack open a beer and look around. Finish the first beer and then place the RV where we want if to stay. Once in place, crack open another beer. Chock blocks, beer. Disconnect, beer. Stabilizers, beer. Electric, water, beer. Sewer hose? Nah, that can wait til tomorrow, where's my beer? Then we sit down and drink a beer while we watch others set up.

Later on, we walk around with a beer and check out the other RV's. When we get back to the campsite, we have a beer and break out the firewood. Time for some appetizers and beer, then we can decide what to cook for dinner or maybe we will just have beer. If we end up eating dinner, when we are finished eating, we st around the campfire and drink beer.
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
Our kids don't go camping with us any ore cause we drink too much when camping and never bring enough food. Just kidding.

First thing before we leave, put a 30-pack in the fridge at home. Put a 30-pack in the cooler in the RV, add a bottle of Kettle One, a bottle of Captain Morgans and some various mixers, limes and whatnot. Pack the food in the fridge, lots of meat, cheese and eggs.

Then we go camping, check-in, get the site and pull or back in. Get out of the truck, crack open a beer and look around. Finish the first beer and then place the RV where we want if to stay. Once in place, crack open another beer. Chock blocks, beer. Disconnect, beer. Stabilizers, beer. Electric, water, beer. Sewer hose? Nah, that can wait til tomorrow, where's my beer? Then we sit down and drink a beer while we watch others set up.

Later on, we walk around with a beer and check out the other RV's. When we get back to the campsite, we have a beer and break out the firewood. Time for some appetizers and beer, then we can decide what to cook for dinner or maybe we will just have beer. If we end up eating dinner, when we are finished eating, we st around the campfire and drink beer.
I love your first line about not bringing enough food. I had to pause the TV and read that to DW, we both had a good laugh
I think the reason we drink more while camping is because we know, neither of us has to leave and go anywhere. When you know you don't have to get behind the wheel, don't have to go to work and answer anybody the next day, can do what you want when you want, it just seems to make them go down so much smoother!
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #25

Hey BombDoc, glad you liked it. I'll be bringing alot more than a 30-pack to Goshen.
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Hey BombDoc, glad you liked it. I'll be bringing alot more than a 30-pack to Goshen.
I'll be sure to stop by while your setting up. We could go through a 12 pack before you even get level. I hope we don't show up at the same time, it might be Tuesday before we get the slides out.
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #27
Somewhat right of center

Quote:

Now that's what I'm talking about. Great post!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cootr68 View Post
Chopin vodka, apple pie shine my neighbor makes and 2 cases of beer. If in Wisconsin that beer is always Spotted Cow. Love that stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Good taste in beer (from a Wisconsinite). I'm with the rest of most of you. Some times it's whiskey but nothing like cracking a beer when you are setting up because it is so much easier.

This year, we are going to be seasonal. This is how I see my trips happening. Drive up to site, get out, unlock camper door, head to the fridge, beer. Honey! Did you get the kids out of the car yet? Well maybe not that last part if I want to stay out of trouble but it sure will make life a whole lot easier being parked all the time with no setup.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #29

ice in a glass and add appropriate ingredients
Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #30

We also donít drink much at home. Get to a camp site and we share 4 or 5 beers (Bud select 55s) each day. If the campground has a bar with an outdoor sitting area, may visit them for a beer too, in the afternoon if itís nice out. Because we tend to camp off season, with an older crowd, we donít see a lot of people with campfires, sitting around having beers, wine, or drinks in the evenings. Lots of watching TV and going to be early by our neighbors. TVs, satellite dishes, cell phones, internet connections, DVDs, and cable connections have changed the way people camp.

Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote