Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #11

We are still looking. We need to be at Forest River in Elkhart Jan 25th and Freightliner March 17th but would like to find a place in FL for the 6 weeks between. Feb 1 - March 17th. Any suggestions? We have never been to FL so we don't really care where as long as it's not snowing.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

We'll be in Orlando for 2 weeks in December doing the vacation thing. Kid has school, so no "wintering" for us sadly.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo Dad
We too are headed south but were told (correctly) that we needed to get below Lake Okeechobee, and the further the better, if we wanted nice warm weather most of the time. It is so nice that time of the year. No bugs (at least where we stay at), little humidity, seldom rains and pleasant temperatures.

Speaking of the Orlando area, we are heading down I-95 to Fort Wilderness in two weeks and staying for a little over a week before continuing on south on hwy 27 to Rt 997. Has anyone taken this route and if so any suggestions? I plan on taking 95 to 4 towards Disney. I've looked at the routes via map quest but I've learned to not trust 100% of the time. Then we will leave Disney and then onto hwy 27.
Key West during winter...lows in high 60's and daytime temps in mid to high 70's, not bad for trying in the states!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Made it to Rincon, GA just off I95(little nw of Savannah) and staying at the Whispering Pines CG. Very quiet, nice level lots and the people are very friendly. Definitely will add it to the "Stay Again" list.

Whispering Pines RV Park - Home
Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #15

We'll be staying at Lakeland Carefree Resort for six weeks. Half way between Orlando and Tampa right off I-4. Nice campground and lots of planned activities.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Ragin Cajun where in key west will you be staying. I checked and there is a CG called Boyd's Key West CG that looks amazing!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #17
Camper Less Camping

We're not snowbird age material but sometimes during the bitter cold/wet winter, we o camping where it's warm, primarily do FL SP campgrounds in Keys.