Old 05-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #21
NELA

Nope, I'm not. I still mentally kick myself for moving back here after 5 years in Tampa/St. Pete.

I hope to have our retirement party in the TV, towing the 5er and laughin' our arses off while we head OUT of here.

Our dream plans are a place in TN/SC with a second small place in FL. Anywhere south of the Mason Dixon excluding LA is good with me.
Oh, and my desire to leave LA has nuttin' to do with politics. LA's politics is one of the few things I do like about where I live. I just have no desire to retire here.

TX politics and low taxes makes me smile. Attitude is good too! "don't MESS with TX!"

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #22
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Nope, I'm not. I still mentally kick myself for moving back here after 5 years in Tampa/St. Pete.

I hope to have our retirement party in the TV, towing the 5er and laughin' our arses off while we head OUT of here.

Our dream plans are a place in TN/SC with a second small place in FL. Anywhere south of the Mason Dixon excluding LA is good with me.
Oh, and my desire to leave LA has nuttin' to do with politics. LA's politics is one of the few things I do like about where I live. I just have no desire to retire here.

TX politics and low taxes makes me smile. Attitude is good too! "don't MESS with TX!"
I guess my understanding (without knowing any facts) about you being happy in LA was way wrong.

Just a feeling I had - does your DH feel the same?

Old 05-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #23

Love Texas, lived here 42 of my 67 years, don't plan on leaving except to visit other states via our 5r. When the temps hit 100+ for a couple of months we head north. One of our favorite places is Glenwood Springs Colorado. Spent a month there last year and six weeks the year before.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #24

Born and raised in Illinois, except for 2 yrs in Arizona back in the 80's with my parents. Illinois politics suck, would love to move just to scared to risk it. I love the four seasons as well, with that said Wisconsin or Michigan would be my choice. Those two states support the things I enjoy most: camping, off-road motorcycling, and snowmobiling.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #25
Oklahoma Proud

Maps pretty close for me here in OK. Lived on the same mile section (minus some military and school time) since I was 8 years old, planning on staying and being buried on this same mile section too!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #26

I think the map should show states by region of the state. Left Hell (South Florida) about 15 years love it up here in North Florida it is a different world. Nothing could make me move back down there.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #27
Minnesotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBNSR View Post
I love MN and would never move. Four seasons are great. Although this past winter has tested me!
Not true for me. I have lived in MN my entire life. Tried to talk DD#1 into going to college somewhere warm. She's at a university in WI. I've informed DD#2 that I'm not staying in MN when she graduates from high school. I just can't take winter anymore. The other 3 seasons are fabulous here. My plan is to go south for winter and spend summers in MN. All while consulting via telecommuting.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #28

I would leave MD map is right on. The Job is what holds me here.
Nights Camped 2015 ( 4 )
Firefighter969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
I think the map should show states by region of the state. Left Hell (South Florida) about 15 years love it up here in North Florida it is a different world. Nothing could make me move back down there.
I can say the same about California. SoCal - No way! NorCal -Yes way!

Unfortunately politics and taxes are same for North and South.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #30

Will stay in Pa till I am on the other side of the grass. Politics suck, but change often enough a person is mad only half the time. If it weren't for crappy weather, you can't appreciate good weather. IMO