Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Not Credit Cards but we had two "Rocket Scientists" standing at our gate one evening & our Lab (She's passed now) going crazy. She did not like them at all. They were yelling Hey so I opened the door & they said they ran out of gas could I help them & give them some gas....... They stayed on the other side of the fence with the dog going crazy, I told them I had none & asked them where their car was ........"It is the neighbors driveway" not that close... I asked could I call someone for them ........they didn't know anyone close......... would I take them somewhere to get gas ......... no but I will call a friend .... I did & just a few minutes & Franklin County Sheriffs Deputy was there .....& off all of them went...........

Found out the next day they did run out of gas...........................after they broke in to a convenience store & had a car load of stolen merchandise........ they only got about three miles with their loot.......

The dog did not like them at all probably a good thing........... had never seen her so protective of her territory............
Wow, I'm across the road from you by Fork Mountain Road.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
I sign my cards 'ASK FOR ID'. 50% of the time clerks do just that. When they do, I thank them.
i do the same and it is amazing to me how many clerks never look at the
back of the card or look at me when checking id to make sure it is me. i think they just look at the expire date on the id then to them everything is ok.
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #43
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

As stated before I never sign the back of my cards, and a lot of upscale retailers will ask for my ID, but most won't. Even when asked if they would like to see my ID, most say "no, that's ok". But, of all the places, I've never been asked in a restaurant, even when the bill has been several hundred dollars. I find this unacceptable. Last year we were hit 3x's in 2 months with iTunes charges on my AmEx and they caught it and alerted me, which was really amazing because with 4 kids and a wife who reads constantly, I usually have a $100 a month.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Yes, we were home. I think we must have been victims of a criminal still in the training program and he/she didn't get it quite right.
I just purchased LifeLock for my wife and I. Actually, we've talked about getting it for a while now. I've had a couple friends have their identity stolen... One had hers stolen twice in a 6-month period. My neighbor is also going through a similar experience as you... It's been a mess for them. The only way they found out is because the person using their CC used my friends home phone number and one of the stores called about a delivery.
I use my CC for everything and pay all my bills online... So I think $200 to have piece of mind is worth it.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
As stated before I never sign the back of my cards, and a lot of upscale retailers will ask for my ID, but most won't. Even when asked if they would like to see my ID, most say "no, that's ok". But, of all the places, I've never been asked in a restaurant, even when the bill has been several hundred dollars. I find this unacceptable. Last year we were hit 3x's in 2 months with iTunes charges on my AmEx and they caught it and alerted me, which was really amazing because with 4 kids and a wife who reads constantly, I usually have a $100 a month.
I bought stamps at the post office today and gave them an unsigned VISA card and my drivers' license. The post office will not accept an unsigned credit card, even with an ID. The clerk found the phrase, in very tiny letters on the back, "card not valid if not signed" and on the strength of that, would not accept it.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #46
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
I bought stamps at the post office today and gave them an unsigned VISA card and my drivers' license. The post office will not accept an unsigned credit card, even with an ID. The clerk found the phrase, in very tiny letters on the back, "card not valid if not signed" and on the strength of that, would not accept it.

Can you imagine the trouble FT Turbs has using a credit card even if it is signed and with 3 forms of id and his picture on the wall at the post office????
Old 12-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #47
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Can you imagine the trouble FT Turbs has using a credit card even if it is signed and with 3 forms of id and his picture on the wall at the post office????

He told me he uses your your SUPER DUPER GOLD BLAcK PLATINUM MEGA line of credit card.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #48

Ours too was just recently used down in FL to buy $19.67 worth of something somewhere down there! we haven`t been to FL since Nov 2011! I`m thinking something was ordered online with the card, at 3:30 a.m.!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #49
Site Team

I'll tell you one that chaps me. Its a small thing but just drives me crazy. Several times in the past I've gotten my visa bill in and had restaurant charges that did not match my copy of the ticket. While we had eaten there, the ticket had been jacked up a few dollars. For example, once we charged a $55.00 meal including an 18% tip. When the bill came in, it was $58.00. Another time it was $2.00 more. Apparently the wait staff ups their tip after you leave. DW will call management and have it corrected. Gets the credit back on the card. One local restaurant just gave her $20.00 gift card to "make it right." Its just the principal of the thing.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
Wow, I'm across the road from you by Fork Mountain Road.
Yea we are straight down the road from Oaklevel Baptist Church. Small world

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote