Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
NELA

before taking your go-pro drone...

into state parks,etc., check their regulations.

I saw this yesterday:

Drones banned at Yosemite National Park | Ars Technica

I expected this would happen. So many of them being used now. Other states are banning the use of go-pro drones for hunting. That should be banned, immediately, in ALL states.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Yes, it's confusing right now, but it appears the NPS is trying to ban all drone/multi-rotor copters at all their parks....even though technically they don't have a law to do so.

Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones) Prohibited in Yosemite National Park - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Six Months In Jail For Drones In Parks, According To What Law? - Forbes

Drones banned from Yosemite, other parks - CNN.com

I wouldn't be surprised if certain other Federal or State run parks follow this lead.

We just need to make sure our FRF members are aware of this and don't get in trouble.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
NELA

That was the intent of my post, wmtire.

However.......

I support this move. I'd be royally ticked if I had a beautiful shot lined up with my camera from an on-the-ground vantage point, and just as I clicked, a drone zoomed into the shot.

I'd also be ticked if I was about to take a picture of a group of pronghorns and a drone buzzed over and spooked them, sending them stampeding.

And I'd *really* be ticked if I was sitting in my zero gravity chair, kicked back enjoying the peaceful quiet of an evening by the fire, watching a beautiful sunset at a lakeside RV park and a drone "barn stormed" me.

I'm just sayin'....

And for the record, my last paragraph could be amended to describe what happens to wildlife when the drones invade *their* space.

Consideration and moderation in all things.....is key.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #4

Whole heartedly agree. There's reports coming in of incidents from those things from invasion of privacy to actual injuries, including a high dollar model photo shoot where the model was hurt by one. Seems they were allowing another group to do a behind the scenes video of the shoot and they lost control of the drone.

And let someone buzz me thinking it's funny. I still have a bad temper buried deep down.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 AM   #5

ZION:
Drones annoying bighorn sheep, hikers at Zion National Park | The Salt Lake Tribune

Haven't heard anything in regard to Arches or Canyonlands, but honestly have not really checked. Might do that today if I get a chance.

BLM no regs unless a commercial enterprise then a permit needed.

Forest service no idea.

Just waiting for someone to shoot one down, there are quite a few in certain places. Have heard that someone batted one down on the CO river a week ago. It was buzzing a raft and someone got mad, swatted it and knocked it down (yes, it was that close).

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote