Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #1

Best times

I just wanted to share that I feel camping with all my family is the greatest thing this world has to offer. My brother in law died suddenly last week from a massive heart attack and we were still able to get all the family out this weekend for a camping trip! Just felt like sharing and asking if anyone else loves anything more than camping with family!
turnerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
TeresaInCAL

I'm sorry for your loss.

We love camping too'. Wish we got to go out more!
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sorry for your loss .

Our thoughts n prayers are we you.

Our whole family enjoys camping and can't wait every spring.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #4

Sorry for your sudden loss. There is nothing better than camping with the family I only wish I started this 15 years ago.
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
MI Camperz

Sorry for your loss! While my brother is with us this w/e, will have to give him extra hugs and kisses. While I do love camping and camping with family and friends, I would vote a Caribbean all-inclusive vacation with family and friends would surely be up there with my vote! Camping is clearly more affordable. Now to figure out how to get the camper to Grand Cayman Island!

Click image for larger version

Name:	beach.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	35212
Old 07-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

So sorry for your loss.

I wouldn't trade anything for that cup of coffee in the morning under the awning and enjoying the birds and other little animals while camping or the sound of the ocean close by. Best part of camping is sharing it with your family and meeting a few new friends along the way. Whether you love the mountains, the beach, or just being close to any attraction, camping is the best way to be there. Now going on a cruise is another story!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #7

Vacations in the sun are nice, but you cannot beat the friendliness of camping people. We have been to many sun destinations, but we have met far more people while camping. It seems that those who go "south" want to get away from others, while those who go camping are far more social.
And camping with family trumps it all.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #8

Sorry to hear of your loss. Camping is one of life's lil' 'luxuries' that we try to do as often as possible understanding that life offers no guarantees, is not a dress rehearsal and can be taken away any moment without warning. So get out and PARTY!
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
Alleged curmudgeon

I hear you...

"Boy, I sure wish I'd spent more time at work, chasing fame and fortune, and less time with my family," said NOBODY ever.

To me, Life's journey is all about relationships and "success" should be measured not by the world's standards, but by how well we shared and enjoyed that journey with those people in our lives who we love, those with whose love we've been blessed, those with whose care we've been entrusted, and those in whose lives we have the honor of sharing along the way.

So sorry for your loss. Serves as a reminder to us all to re-double our efforts to live every day so we can relate to the saying, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34); 2018 (39); 2019 (30); 2020 (16); 2021 (14); 2022 to date (12)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
"Boy, I sure wish I'd spent more time at work, chasing fame and fortune, and less time with my family," said NOBODY ever.

To me, Life's journey is all about relationships and "success" should be measured not by the world's standards, but by how well we shared and enjoyed that journey with those people in our lives who we love, those with whose love we've been blessed, those with whose care we've been entrusted, and those in whose lives we have the honor of sharing along the way.

So sorry for your loss. Serves as a reminder to us all to re-double our efforts to live every day so we can relate to the saying, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Well said Vern! I lost my mom on New Year's Day this year and couldn't agree more. With the birth of our new baby girl, I savor every minute😃
Having A Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post

Vern that was very well stated made me stop and think. I'm sorry for your family's loss Turnerpa, you and your family will be our prayers.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #12

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!! It has been a rough year for my family this is the second loss this year alone for close family members. I just thought I would post that there is nothing better than time camping with your family because after I got camp set up for this weekend I was sitting and reflecting at how great it was to be with family. So thank you everyone for listening and again, thank you for all the well wishes!
turnerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about your brother. As for camping, I can tell you it saved my marriage by bringing my family back together and rekindling some of the romance between dh and myself. So yes we love camping.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote