Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #141
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Move along....these are not the droids you are looking for.......
THIS also made me laugh!! Good one Chicky!!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #142

I'd have to say I don't really have any pet peeves. I go out and just try to relax and leave my worries behind. My only PPs are with myself....when I forget something at home, or realize I am running low on beer and the camp store doesn't sell any!

When you guys talk about barking dogs, do you mean ones that bark constantly only...

- what about the ones that bark occasionally when a dog walks by the campsite or birds/ squirrels run through and they bark? Our dog does this, but we tell him to stop. I wonder what others think.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #143
MI Camperz

Can't speak for everyone, of course, but seems like people complaining of the constant barkers/unattended ones the most. I for one have a puppy who was fairly isolated b/c she was born in late Sept. and kept in most of winter. She's very excitable now that she's getting out much more. Concerned she'll be a barker....
Thread helped me b/c I will get one of those trainer collars for barking if she doesn't chill out. She's a Yorkie Poo...some breeds are bigger barkers than others.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #144
Graduate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
I'd have to say I don't really have any pet peeves. I go out and just try to relax and leave my worries behind. My only PPs are with myself....when I forget something at home, or realize I am running low on beer and the camp store doesn't sell any!

When you guys talk about barking dogs, do you mean ones that bark constantly only...

- what about the ones that bark occasionally when a dog walks by the campsite or birds/ squirrels run through and they bark? Our dog does this, but we tell him to stop. I wonder what others think.
I'm sorry - i have to draw the line somewhere. Silent dogs I can deal with. Noisy dogs are at least consistent. Your half barking, half silent dog would just drive me insane. I'll have to add half noisy/half silent dogs to my list of pet peeves.

2012 - 26 days

Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Now, I have to temper some of this by saying on Holiday Weekends at 100% capacity, I expect loud high energy behavior with the CGs looking like a scene from Grapes of Wrath. Agreed?
I see no reason for holiday weekends to be any different. Why would that excuse rude and inconsiderate behavior?
But I realise that is the norm, and why I never camp on such weekends.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #146
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

I personally mean the ones that bark because they can and do it endlessly !

I think its great when people hush there dogs when they do bark at passing dogs or animals .

What I dont get is the people whom complain I am to loud and there dog barks till four in the morning !
Old 04-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post

I'm sorry - i have to draw the line somewhere. Silent dogs I can deal with. Noisy dogs are at least consistent. Your half barking, half silent dog would just drive me insane. I'll have to add half noisy/half silent dogs to my list of pet peeves.

I just added gardening lawyers to my PPs! Haha
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #148
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm hoping most are referring only to the ones that bark constantly. Usually the small breeds. We do have a Maltese, which is a yippy breed, but we don't take her camping. If we do, she stays inside, with the blinds drawn. Our big dogs don't bark unless someone invades their space(campsite).
Old 04-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #149
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
I see no reason for holiday weekends to be any different. Why would that excuse rude and inconsiderate behavior?
But I realise that is the norm, and why I never camp on such weekends.
Well, no excuse for rudeness, I guess I just meant crowded, busy, high energy, excitement, bigger groups, more of everything, so it's going to be noisier....I expect that on Holiday w/e's and like the added festiveness of it, but wouldn't want it like that all the time.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #150
Graduate Member

Quote:
I just added gardening lawyers to my PPs! Haha
Gardening lawyers are the worst! Organized gardens with strict laws and rules....

hey.

wait a minute.

that sounds....familiar....

2012 - 26 days

Closed Thread