Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #171
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
Hands down, mine has to be loud generators! Can't stand them!
I do not own a portable generator and don't know much about them - but I hear that noise is a big issue with them.

Question - is it possible to install a larger muffler on them that what the manufacturer provides?

Just wondering and asking

Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #172
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

RC cars running through my camp site. Can never find the driver. I think the driver is on an Iceberg in Alaska. If I only had a remote on the same frequency... that would really fake 'em out.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #173

Mine PP is that I'm a hermit when camping. I expect people to some what invade my space as some CG's are pretty cramped. But as a cop I really dont like people much (you other cop's on here will know what I mean)

I do two forms of camping, I either camp to veg out or I'm using my camper as a rolling hotel room to stay in while we spend our days at the local sites ect. When I'm doing the theme park thing I dont have fires we usally eat out and I return to the CG enter the RV and thats the last you see of us till we emerge the next morning to head back to the theme park. Between my A/C unit and closed windows I rearly am disturbed by barking dogs ect.

But when I go to veg out I spent alot of time around the camp fire drinking a few beverages and I hate it when people stare at me.

This past weekend we were camping and a lady sat at her picnic table for 20 mintues or so just staring at me. That drives me nuts. I was trying to hook up new LED awning lights and everytime I looked up at her, there she was just staring at me. I felt like a science expriment. I like to check out peoples camp sites to see if I can learn things by how they are set up but to just sit there and stare at me was getting under my skin.

I have a retired next door nieghbour at home that watches my family like a survallance camera. All the people on our street call her the mayor of Webster Street cause she knows everything that is going on. I just want to be left alone. Thats why I dont have a Face Book or twitter account I dont dont care what you are doing and I dont want you caring what I am doing!!!

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2004 F-150 4.6 Liter 4x2 Factory Tow Package
2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I do not own a portable generator and don't know much about them - but I hear that noise is a big issue with them.

Question - is it possible to install a larger muffler on them that what the manufacturer provides?

Just wondering and asking
Actually the muffler is only a small part of the noise. Much of the noise comes from the engine noise and not the exhaust noise. Good quiet generators have an enclosed case as oposed to the "construction" generators that have an open case. I started out with one of the louder generators and was not happy with it. My current generator is a Honda EU3000is and it is very quiet.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
WHEW glad your not going to going to Goshen !!!!!

BUT also that your not !

I ment if I wasn't part of it..................LOL

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack21643 View Post
Mine PP is that I'm a hermit when camping. I expect people to some what invade my space as some CG's are pretty cramped. But as a cop I really dont like people much (you other cop's on here will know what I mean)

I do two forms of camping, I either camp to veg out or I'm using my camper as a rolling hotel room to stay in while we spend our days at the local sites ect. When I'm doing the theme park thing I dont have fires we usally eat out and I return to the CG enter the RV and thats the last you see of us till we emerge the next morning to head back to the theme park. Between my A/C unit and closed windows I rearly am disturbed by barking dogs ect.

But when I go to veg out I spent alot of time around the camp fire drinking a few beverages and I hate it when people stare at me.

This past weekend we were camping and a lady sat at her picnic table for 20 mintues or so just staring at me. That drives me nuts. I was trying to hook up new LED awning lights and everytime I looked up at her, there she was just staring at me. I felt like a science expriment. I like to check out peoples camp sites to see if I can learn things by how they are set up but to just sit there and stare at me was getting under my skin.

I have a retired next door nieghbour at home that watches my family like a survallance camera. All the people on our street call her the mayor of Webster Street cause she knows everything that is going on. I just want to be left alone. Thats why I dont have a Face Book or twitter account I dont dont care what you are doing and I dont want you caring what I am doing!!!
Couldn't agree more! I like camping to get away from it all which is mostly why I boondock.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #177
Moderator Emeritus

This threads been going well all day, but its pretty much run its course. Have a good night everyone!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Closed Thread