Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 08:39 AM   #1

Blue Tote question

I bought a Barker 42 gallon blue tote and I was learning to use it at home and found that if you don't loosen the gage at the top to let the air out it will not fill. I am worried about the tank filling up so fast that I can't tighten the gage back up fast enough to not make a mess. Anyone have any experiences with this that you can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #2

Depending on the model TT you have and the size of the Black tank I expect 42 gal may allow you to empty it in one trip. Grey water is different but not as messy if it overfills.
2022 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RK
Retired Air Force
swmelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:42 PM   #3

After using our "Grey-Pooper-Whale" a few times I have a pretty good idea how many days of black water waste I can get into it. I'll top it up with grey water so if by chance it overflows (hasn't happened yet), it's not a real big smelly problem.
trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:50 PM   #4

My blue tote is large enough to hold all my black tank and I was going to top it off with grey water to rinse my hose out and I didn't want to over flow the tote. If it was only grey water I wouldn't worry about it but I don't want to make a mess with the black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote