Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
Site Team
I use rvparkreviews, internet searches and word of mouth. We also use a website that someone local to me founded. It is growing and they are trying to make it nationwide so please help contribute to it. It is It has info about the campground, reviews from members and pics from members. It is completely free and you can add a campground if the campground isn't in there yet.

So far I just keep track in my head for my favorite local campgrounds and for what ones I don't want to hit again. You can also use satellite view from google to look at a campground.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
We will also look for alternative sites when at state and national parks. We ask for a second campground map and when walking the dog we mark it up with comments on other sites in the campground.

Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #13
Wow! You guys have lots of great ideas Thanks! I've been trying to think of a good way to catalog them, if you will, and an online source would be amazing (another notebook I don't have to worry about losing!) Perhaps a camping blog? hmmm must investigate. While at Lithia Springs this weekend, I biked a few hundred times around the park ~ trying to exercise more ~ and then yesterday I walked the cg and took pix of the sites I liked and want to get it down with what I liked about it before I forget!

I did talk to the cg host ~ such a neat guy, reminded me of my Dad <3 ~ anyway, he explained that where I was seeing stakes with flags were sites that were in the process of being revamped and the red / green stakes indicated where they are moving the water and electric lines. They are also adding sites which I hope they will do judiciously.

Thanks again, and thanks for the campground websites to check out. I never thought about Google earth to look at a campground. That's smart! I prefer not to park too close too major highways ~ something I've learned about my Roo! LOL, I bought 10 pair of earplugs to keep in the camper for noisy locals
clancythecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #14
I keep a Google Spreadsheet that tells me where I've been, who in my family went, who went with us (family or friends), what site we had, mileage to/from and notes about the campground and about the site in particular. In our campground notes, I'll jot down sites that I'd like to camp at next time.

I need to sanitize one and publish it. Maybe I'll do last year's one- this year's has our upcoming trips and that's just too much away time to publicize.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #15
Just my opinion
We use a small fan for outside noice drowning. It also helps circulate the air.

Norm & Phyllis plus our Zoe (Maltese) and Lilly (Shorkie)
2013 SALEM 241QBXL

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2013 - days engaged in camping so for... (28)
normh915 is offline   Reply With Quote