Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Pickin' and singin' !
Camping and Country Music near Zanesville, Ohio

I just wanted to provide some information regarding camping and music near Zanesville, Ohio. I have no affilliation with the campgrounds there but have been to both of them, so I'll just provide my opinion.

If you like country music and you are a little hesitant to go to a live show that isnt really family oriented then I've got some good news for you!

Its called the Muskingum Valley Jubilee and it is a 3 hour show on the 2nd Saturday of each month. It is held in a building next to the Newton Township Fire Dept. located at 5490 Maysville Pike, Zanesville Ohio. This is also known as US Rt. 22 and is just a couple of miles west of Zanesville, Ohio.

They have 50/50, raffle and floor prizes as well as food and beverages (no alcohol). This is a family type atmosphere and kids are welcome.

The music includes top 40 country, classic country and gospel music.

There are at least 2 campgrounds near Zanesville, one is called Wolfie's and the other is Wild Bill's Resort. In my opinion, I prefer Wolfies because it is much quieter and I LOVE the saltwater swimming pool. It is also just within a few minutes of all of the major shopping stores and restaurants yet located in a quiet wooded area.

Wild Bills is appropriately named due to the atmosphere typcially found there. If you are the extrovert then this is your place. Lots of activity, usually entertainment on the weekends and lots of other extroverts. Hehe!

Anyway, Wolfies ( ) is only about 10-15 minutes away from the location of the Jubilee and the show is well worth your time if you love country music.

If'n youre ever in the area, check this show out, you wont regret it!
guysing is offline   Reply With Quote