Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #41
B47

Sorry to hear about your bad cataract experience and hope everything works out.

This reminds me of something this reminded me of - I was given a little plastic card after each eye had the procedure performed. I asked what the card was for and was told that each lens has a serial number plus some other information on the card. Each surgeon is required to send that information to the lens manufacturer in case a recall is necessary.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #42

Yes, I got the cards and found out they are good for one other thing. Traffic stops!

I called the state of ID and asked how I go about removing the restriction that required me to wear corrective lenses while driving. The woman asked if I had received the cards, I said yes, and she informed me that if stopped and the LE asked about corrective lenses, just show them the card.

While walking the dog the next day, I asked my local LE neighbor and he said it was accepted by him and should be for other LEs. Hopefully, it will be accepted by the surrounding states too.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #43
B47

Interesting - I never thought about that. I might check with Texas on that to see if we have a similar provision.

My wife,who is a RN, and has assisted in some heart pacemaker operations,says that pacemakers also are serialized which makes sense.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #44

I believe replacement hips, knees, etc., are also serialized in case of recalls. Had a friend who had a hip recalled. Heck of a lot worse than another eye surgery.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #45

Our optometrist said I am 6-8 years out from needing cataract surgery, DH is about 10 years out. My left eye currently cannot be corrected to 20/20 with glasses, so the surgery could be a real improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #46

I ask my eye doctor ever visit if he sees any sign of cataracts and it's always the same no. Darn I want the surgery so bad. I am far sighted so no one will do the laser surgery and I'm at the end of what contacts will do the glasses I have are so thick and heavy I can't stand them. Oh to be able to see anything without corrective lenses.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #47
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I ask my eye doctor ever visit if he sees any sign of cataracts and it's always the same no. Darn I want the surgery so bad. I am far sighted so no one will do the laser surgery and I'm at the end of what contacts will do the glasses I have are so thick and heavy I can't stand them. Oh to be able to see anything without corrective lenses.
I too am far sighted. My cataract surgery enabled me to ditch my pre- surgery glasses,but I still need reading glasses,although they much thinner and lighter than what I had pre- surgery.

Tags
cat