Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Add post # 8 to my last post.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Sorry ur right sold 2008.
What's funny is my boss's '12 land rover says ford all over it.
I think Indian chap, whose name might be Tata is memory serves, still buys a crapload of stuff from Ford. I actually owned one of the Ford year Jags, but it had a BMW engine...go figure. bought it for a song on ebay and drove it like I stole it.
__________________

__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post

I think Indian chap, whose name might be Tata is memory serves, still buys a crapload of stuff from Ford. I actually owned one of the Ford year Jags, but it had a BMW engine...go figure. bought it for a song on ebay and drove it like I stole it.
Had a jag as well ford era.
2005 awd 3.0L

Edit ms amy owned a jag ford era.

Btw trouble free for 110, 000 miles
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
If these comments are going to be directed towards me, then I will refer to post # 6...
Nothing pointed at any person. Just the Dodge. Have no idea what they are referring to about the unreliable engine. I do have to agree with the raucous remark tho'.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Nothing pointed at any person. Just the Dodge. Have no idea what they are referring to about the unreliable engine. I do have to agree with the raucous remark tho'.
OC - I'm certain that with your background that you deal in facts. Having said that, how can any test determine the noise level of any engine or device without everything being on a level playing field.

To me, any magazine or person saying one engine or device is louder than another without having a decibel level test performed just is not a valid reason.

Of course, the decibel test should be performed under equal conditions, such as at idle, under load etc.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #16
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
OC - I'm certain that with your background that you deal in facts. Having said that, how can any test determine the noise level of any engine or device without everything being on a level playing field.

To me, any magazine or person saying one engine or device is louder than another without having a decibel level test performed just is not a valid reason.

Of course, the decibel test should be performed under equal conditions, such as at idle, under load etc.
Agree, but I have stood beside a 13Duramax idling and could carry on a conversation in a normal voice (in fact, I thought it was a gas engine it was that quiet) and can't along side a 13 Dodge Cummins. Don't need a meter for that. But you're right, if they are going to make that statement in a report there should be numbers of all they compared them against.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Milford, MA
Posts: 441
Seems like quite a bit of subjective analysis... You can agree or disagree.
Seems like reliability data is born out of fact. Based upon total cost to own, repair interval and degree, cost to maintain, replacement part cost and availability against a baseline, etc.

How it rides is not a reliability index IMHO..

On the Jag issue, subjectively there are just some cars I can't see a guy driving, jags, most late model convertibles, miyata, new beetle, subarus, etc. maybe my own hang up, it's just doesn't look right. Lol
__________________
2011 A-122
rawlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
trudinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,326
Well crap on a cracker! Our truck rides like a .......truck. And our diesel sounds like a .....diesel. We bought this truck for the TOTALLY awesome CTD pulling power. Didn't look at aesthetics, ride, etc. It ain't no Cadillac. But pretty sure we knew that going in. Does anyo e really read this subjective rag anymore?
__________________
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlus View Post
Seems like quite a bit of subjective analysis... You can agree or disagree.
Seems like reliability data is born out of fact. Based upon total cost to own, repair interval and degree, cost to maintain, replacement part cost and availability against a baseline, etc.

How it rides is not a reliability index IMHO..

On the Jag issue, subjectively there are just some cars I can't see a guy driving, jags, most late model convertibles, miyata, new beetle, subarus, etc. maybe my own hang up, it's just doesn't look right. Lol
Agreed - they shouldn't throw cars and pick up trucks in the same mix. Why not include buses and semis in there too?

Agree on the reliability data also - show me facts and just the facts. All major airlines have reliability programs and I am very familiar with them and they are based on facts such as time between overhaul, time between failure, failure mode, etc.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #20
Member
 
jjm901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 70
The list is from October 2012 and most of the ford products were there based my ford touch system.. Most scored well enough in tests, just issues implementing new technology. At the end of the day the only truck that was on the list was a ram 2500 diesel. Both Chevy and ford trucks have scored pretty similar. Not sure this is really a ding against any brand.
__________________

__________________


2013 Ford F150 Super-Crew
2014 Heritage Glen 312qbud
jjm901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.