Old 03-09-2015, 09:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I understand that assessment. However, after you do it for awhile, you learn how to peel them so much faster (all the shortcuts). My daughter and I can go thru 5 pounds in less than 5 minutes.

Practice makes perfect...as in most things.
They just don't get it. I catered an event this past Saturday night and 65/70 people devoured 400# in about 2 hrs. If you've got to peel the 1st ring off of the tail to "pinch and suck"....they ain't cooked right and you'll be left behind. I generally don't book any jobs until the week after Easter as the price and quality or not at their best, but this was an engagement party so timing was of essence. They were small to med. with good fat content. Oh, and if some of you "northerners" don't know what the fat looks like, I'll let some other Louisianaian explain as I always get myself in trouble doing it. Seasoning in the water, boil and soak. THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT. JMOA Steve

Old 03-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #22

Might not know how now but that's because I have never tried them but I will know In a few weeks from now I can guarantee that I'm a coastal southern boy been eating seafood all my life done a little bit commercial fishing after work when I was young

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 03-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #23
Camper Less Camping

Talk about getting stuffed at a crayfish boil: crawfish, corn on cob, sausage, red potatoes and all the Pre boil appetizers

I'm hungry now!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy View Post
Talk about getting stuffed at a crayfish boil: crawfish, corn on cob, sausage, red potatoes and all the Pre boil appetizers

I'm hungry now!
Don't forget the whole artichokes, cremini/BABY BELLA mushrooms!!!!and when I do my personal boils....smoked turkey drumsticks!!!!!OH, DID I MENTION BEER?
Old 03-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #25

You are making my mouth water and I am sitting in Ontario watching the snow melt, I think I need to plan a trip your way someday soon.....

Kevin