Old 05-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #1

Curious George

Just wondering if anyone else walks the campground looking at how others do things or how their rigs are set up. Seeing how others do things usually intrigues me. However today I was amazed with how many people cram into tents and small trailer saw many of campsite with 10-15 people one or two tents . Usually itís something mechanical or so simple why didnít I think of it. Today sure volume of people in one tent or two or small trailer and tent

moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:30 PM   #2

Yup. We walk the campsite to see the other rigs and to see how others camp.

It is Memorial Day weekend with lots of families camping. Our schools are out for summer vacation and I was wondering where everyone went. The stores seem to be deserted in our neighborhood.

2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
2nd rig 2006 Toyota Tundra &
2010 Cikira 21RB 19' travel trailer
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:37 PM   #3

Saw a really cool cabin tent last year that they fabricated a very professional looking setup with a 110V window A/C unit attached to side of the tent.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:49 PM   #4

Camping is like an ever-changing RV show. I love looking at what pulls in and out of the campground, talking to people about where they're from and are going and also love watching people attempt to back into their sites. Think of a couple at a boat launch

It is fun to see how different trucks and trailers work. I'm always intrigued with some of the smaller units and how people camp efficiently with them. Its fun for sure.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:01 AM   #5
Site Team

We always walk around the campground to look at all the rigs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Yup. We walk the campsite to see the other rigs and to see how others camp.

It is Memorial Day weekend with lots of families camping. Our schools are out for summer vacation and I was wondering where everyone went. The stores seem to be deserted in our neighborhood.

Yes when my wife said our campground was nearly full I didnít believe her. Never seen the park at half capacity even on past Memorial Day but is officially full. Drove 130 miles set up camp looking at campsite next to ours count 18 people. Mostly adults one waves I wave back then realize he is former student, graduated 3 years ago his parents there as well. Then I see two current students in the group as well. 18 more than I would have seen had I stayed and worked around house. Many campsite have three plus cars and loads of people
Old 05-26-2019, 05:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
We always walk around the campground to look at all the rigs.

X2
Beautiful red Montana with black and maybe bronze accents. Might be the sharpest looking 5 th wheel I have seen. Saw very unique ramp under a Gold Wing in back of Silverado. Really wanted to see how it worked. Looked like the bike was sitting on both the ramps maybe more of a lift than ramp.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
also love watching people attempt to back into their sites. Think of a couple at a boat launch

I have been on both sides of that before. Saw a guy at South Llano State Park take over an hour trying to back his 42í ( it looked about as long as mine) 5th wheel into his site. Both the trailer and truck had paper tags ( found out next morning bought the truck 4 days earlier and the trailer the morning of the trip just transferred supplies from his trade to new ) We all moved our trucks and offered assistants. His problem was the way he was facing in order to avoid hitting tree limbs with new trl he had to wait before cutting hard to make trl straight. Which resulted in the front driver fender going deep into a bush. We suggested he just enter the loop from the other direction eliminating both obstacles and offered to block road from traffic but in the end he sacrificed the trl and truck getting it in. We gave gave him a cold one for his perseverance.

As for my experience wife booked a campground in Illinois on the Mississippi. I was sweating bullets even before I hit the site narrow streets tight corners and cars parked in all the wrong spots. Find our spot. I know right away that between the parked truck and golf carts I canít back the way I want. I decide my plan of action let the wife out. People outside have already stood up turned their lawn chairs to face the action. By the time I position truck and trailer for backing several golf carts have shown up and parked as well. One gentleman even left his chair and pulled the post that had the site number on it. I was definitely feeling the pressure as the wife took her normal spot right in the of the trl and no I donít have a backup camera on the trailer. That said with lots of luck and help from above. I was able to hit it first time. I really feel like I disappointed a lot people that day