Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2014, 02:19 AM   #1

Dealer disappointment

Long story short, I dropped off my Hauler June 26th and picked it up yesterday. Each correspondence it was always blamed on the manufacturer for the delay. So anyways I was satisfied with some of the workmanship but very disappointed in others. The shore power inlet cover was to be replaced because the LED was out but the plug still worked, they replaced it with a square black plastic receptacle with no LED. Now I am thinking this next item is not customary. When I dropped it off it had 1/3 of a tank of fresh water and the gray and black were empty, when I check it yesterday the fresh is almost empty the gray is empty but the black is showing 1/3 full. If that isn't bad enough this observation was over the top, I happened to notice the release handle for the black tank was pulled all the way open as if somebody intended a foul joke. I will be returning on my next day off and possibly leaving in cuffs
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Honestly DO NOT rely on the factory stock tank sensors and there readings.
There rarely correct.

If it took them 2+ months to replace the outside power connection then there not a very good dealer.
A good dealer has those in stock and several to boot.

As far as the handle being pulled it's likely your unit has sat outside in the lot at various times since it was dropped off and ANYBODY could have pulled it.

Go camping and relax!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #3

They just stuck these tank sensors in the current year of my pop up. I hear so many complaints about these things. I doubt I will ever use them. Just gonna leave the grey open and periodically view the black tank volume from the toilet. This stuff can drive you nuts. SO much better in my view to have a manual workaround. In this case, just use your eyes and ears.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
They just stuck these tank sensors in the current year of my pop up. I hear so many complaints about these things. I doubt I will ever use them. Just gonna leave the grey open and periodically view the black tank volume from the toilet. This stuff can drive you nuts. SO much better in my view to have a manual workaround. In this case, just use your eyes and ears.

Vin.
After many years of camping I almost certainly know where we're at when it comes to tank levels without looking.

Normally we are week ender campers and we are never full anyway.
in the sabre I've yet to have a over full situation.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
After many years of camping I almost certainly know where we're at when it comes to tank levels without looking.

Normally we are week ender campers and we are never full anyway.
in the sabre I've yet to have a over full situation.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
(We are never full anyway)! Wait till OC sees this! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #6

So what your saying is someone was crapping in your toilet, and when you take the cap off, their waste is going is right behind it?
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #7

Exactly, so I'm gonna have the dealership dump it.
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Sounds like a good plan! I agree with Turbs, my dealer is pretty small by comparison to most has all kinds of things in stock. Even has toilets and a fridge, most popular FR size.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer