Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #121
Senior Member
 
Malco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Nova Scotia
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
Haven't seen him in ahwile. Last time was when he stuck his foot in his mouth talking bad about the U.S.
Maybe we should PM him to see if he's alright.
__________________

__________________
2011 Salem 30kqbss
2013 Ram 2500
2005 Ram 2500
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #122
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malco View Post
Maybe we should PM him to see if he's alright.
Good one
__________________

__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #123
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
OMG ... I have laughed till my chest hurts reading this thread.

I do believe all the trucks are pretty much even these days. I drive a Ram 1500 but am looking at Ram 3500's. I have a few friends with EB's and they love em. To be honest I think they have a pretty damn good truck too.

My dad was an SM at one of the largest Ford dealers in the country during the 60's. After he left he refused to ever drive a Ford again. I never did get the full story but when I came home with a new Bronco II in 88 he wanted to kick my @$$. In the end he was right on that purchase...it was a lemon from the go.

Anyway I figured I'd add a few acronyms I didn't see ....

F'ed Over Rebuilt Dodge (Dad's favorite)
Misc Odds Parts Arranged Recklesly
__________________
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #124
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnD View Post
OMG ... I have laughed till my chest hurts reading this thread.

I do believe all the trucks are pretty much even these days. I drive a Ram 1500 but am looking at Ram 3500's. I have a few friends with EB's and they love em. To be honest I think they have a pretty damn good truck too.

My dad was an SM at one of the largest Ford dealers in the country during the 60's. After he left he refused to ever drive a Ford again. I never did get the full story but when I came home with a new Bronco II in 88 he wanted to kick my @$$. In the end he was right on that purchase...it was a lemon from the go.

Anyway I figured I'd add a few acronyms I didn't see ....

F'ed Over Rebuilt Dodge (Dad's favorite)
Misc Odds Parts Arranged Recklesly
I had an '86 Bronco II, and it went through 3 engines while I had it...cracked heads like no tomorrow. I got it with 120k (very rough) miles on it and traded it in at 150k. The rest of my Fords have been essentially flawless.
__________________
2012 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS
2008 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.4L Power Stroke

fordmantpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #125
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmantpw

I had an '86 Bronco II, and it went through 3 engines while I had it...cracked heads like no tomorrow. I got it with 120k (very rough) miles on it and traded it in at 150k. The rest of my Fords have been essentially flawless.
2.9 motor?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #126
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
2.9 motor?
Yeah, gutless POS! Uphill with the A/C on in 5th gear was impossible!

The original was shot at 120k, so we had one out of a wrecked Ranger put in and it lasted 15k (it had 85k on it when we put it in). It had cracked heads, so had a rebuilt one put in. Before the 12 month/12k warranty was up, it cracked heads so I got a replacement free. Luckily, my father-in-law mechanic (a Chevy man BTW , who wasn't my FIL yet) did the labor for free the second time around. I had it a year after that until I was out of college and could afford a new vehicle.

Oddly enough, the only other thing to go wrong with it was a bad computer, a bad input bearing on the tranny, and a bad front hub.

About my FIL being a Chevy man, his daughter, was then a Chevy girl. Well, she brought a Chevy Cavalier into the marriage, and when it was time for a new car in '02, I told her to pick which vehicle she wanted, without my influence. She had never driven a Ford before (other than my F150). She looked at the Ford Escape and fell in love, so we bought one. Her next vehicle...an '09 Ford Flex. Again, I had given her the choice, and she drove several GM, Toyota, Chrysler, etc. products and chose the Ford. Now, my MIL, who has lived alone since my FIL passed away in '01 drives a Ford. She had never owned a Ford, and when it was time to replace her Impala in '09, she drove several vehicles (Equinox, Impala, Escape, Edge, etc.). She chose the Escape. But, she's one of those that tries to find problems with everything! "Can you look at my car, I think my speaker is blown". OK, which one, show me. Turn it up a little. Ahh, here's your problem. You see these coins here by this cup in the cup holder? When the base hits, they rattle. I don't think she will buy another Ford, because even though it has been flawless, she finds all of these things that she "thinks" is wrong with it, when in reality, nothing is wrong.

Sorry for the long rant, just wanted to relate my Ford/GM stories.
__________________
2012 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS
2008 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.4L Power Stroke

fordmantpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #127
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
I had an '86 Bronco II, and it went through 3 engines while I had it...cracked heads like no tomorrow. I got it with 120k (very rough) miles on it and traded it in at 150k. The rest of my Fords have been essentially flawless.
I went through 1 head and 3 exhaust manifolds. I lived in Cali at the time and had to drive the Grapevine every day. That grade will do in a lot of cars/trucks with time. But that engine was a HUGE POS. Terrible cooling system led to all the problems.
__________________
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #128
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
The Bronco II's were really bad. I knew a couple people who owned them and if I went through what they went through I probably would have swore off Ford for life.

My wife drives an 08 Escape and she loves this SUV a lot. It's a great little SUV. It's like driving a go-after driving my F250, lol. We looked at the new Escapes when we were looking for an F250 and the outside is sharp, but the inside is terrible looking.
__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #129
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri
The Bronco II's were really bad. I knew a couple people who owned them and if I went through what they went through I probably would have swore off Ford for life.

My wife drives an 08 Escape and she loves this SUV a lot. It's a great little SUV. It's like driving a go-after driving my F250, lol. We looked at the new Escapes when we were looking for an F250 and the outside is sharp, but the inside is terrible looking.
My ex father inlaw had a 2.9 ranger.
Yep pos.
Why they thought they could put a solid lifter cam in a general consumer vehicle is beond me ! Duh !
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #130
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
have always preferd ceneral motors, currently have 08 ram cummings, decent fuel millage tows like nothing i have ever had. no mods to powertrain. this cummings is a tow beast straight from the factory, why buy something that needs componets added to it for improved towing and millage, RAM / CUMMINGS, package deal ready to work
__________________

__________________
Denny in Los Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.