Old 08-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny in Los Lunas View Post
have always preferd ceneral motors, currently have 08 ram cummings, decent fuel millage tows like nothing i have ever had. no mods to powertrain. this cummings is a tow beast straight from the factory, why buy something that needs componets added to it for improved towing and millage, RAM / CUMMINGS, package deal ready to work
Lots of TV's have plenty of power, but the quest for increased MPG, speed and power drive people to add tuners, exhausts, intakes etc. Nothing wrong with that as long as you realize you may void your warranty. The aftermarket for vehicles is doing quite well. I will eventually remove my Diesel Particulate Filter because it robs the vehicle of MPG. Does it make sense to reduce soot when it causes the vehicle to use more fuel? Doesn't to me.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post

My wife drives an 08 Escape and she loves this SUV a lot. It's a great little SUV. It's like driving a go-after driving my F250, lol. We looked at the new Escapes when we were looking for an F250 and the outside is sharp, but the inside is terrible looking.
Funny thing...I just drove my MIL's Escape yesterday, and I commented to my wife that it felt like a go kart compared to my F250!

fordmantpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #133
Site Team

Quote:
Lots of TV's have plenty of power, but the quest for increased MPG, speed and power drive people to add tuners, exhausts, intakes etc. Nothing wrong with that as long as you realize you may void your warranty. The aftermarket for vehicles is doing quite well. I will eventually remove my Diesel Particulate Filter because it robs the vehicle of MPG. Does it make sense to reduce soot when it causes the vehicle to use more fuel? Doesn't to me.
Because the soot is carcinogenic maybe?
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny in Los Lunas View Post
have always preferd ceneral motors, currently have 08 ram cummings, decent fuel millage tows like nothing i have ever had. no mods to powertrain. this cummings is a tow beast straight from the factory, why buy something that needs componets added to it for improved towing and millage, RAM / CUMMINGS, package deal ready to work
I'm always amazed at how people clamor on about how their vehicle is the best, but yet they can't even spell the name of their (very popular) engine properly!

ps...don't get mad, just a little joke...Cummins is spelled wrong about 90% of the time I see it online.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #135

I had a bronco II 5 speed loaded with power everything. I used it to tow my hardtop camper[ Bonair1200]
I sold it with almost 300k on it and no problems at all with the motor, I did do the input shaft bearing in the tranny.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #136
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It will be interesting to see how Ram's new tranny and suspension will do on the '13 1500's and how much of the new stuff will make it's way to the HD's (active shutters & air ride). Seeing as how I am in the market to upgrade to a 3500 I might wait to see what they do.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
Because the soot is carcinogenic maybe?
That is correct, almost everything in excess is bad for your health and diesel soot is no exception. So once again the consumers of the U.S. pay more while a lot of the world's economies (read China) grows stronger because they don't follow the same restrictions. I'm all for cleaning up the air if everyone plays by the same rules. The U.S. has led the world in a lot of significant changes, let someone else take the lead for awhile.

Edit: I'm no expert and don't claim to be, these are my personnel feelings. Your mileage may vary.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
Funny thing...I just drove my MIL's Escape yesterday, and I commented to my wife that it felt like a go kart compared to my F250!
Geez, I just realized I left out "cart" . Glad you understood
Old 08-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #139

Quote:
Geez, I just realized I left out "cart" . Glad you understood
ha ha...I actually had to re-read it to catch the mistake...go cart just rolled off my tongue even though cart wasn't there.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #140

Pretty much a Ford man, except last two pick-ups have been Chev's, both 2500s. 98 had a 454 c. i. with some problems. 06 with 6.0 liter has beem almost flawless, 08 Taurus has beem flawless.