Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Rsgtivr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Champlin, MN
Posts: 433
I think I need to order this, just in case.



Lol. My buddy would probably stop talking to me! I don't know if I would want all the door nicks from disgruntled Ford owners at a parking lot though.
__________________

__________________
TV: '06 Ram 1500 SLT QCSB Hemi 4x4
TT: '12 Grey Wolf 27BHKS
Tow Acc: Tekonsha P3 BC, Curt round bar WDH w/sway control, CIPA custom fit tow mirrors
'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Namchief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 145
I did hear that Fords have an option for a Heated tailgate. They say it really helps with snow on keeping snow off the license plate. Ford owners really love the option as in the winter it keeps their hands warm while pushing the truck home or pushing to get it unstuck in the snow.


*** NOTE *** heard this as a Polaris and had to change it.
__________________

__________________
Time spent 2012 in TT 32 days so far and 21 Planned days this Fall with mini trips in between
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500
2012 XLR Hyper Lite 27HFS
1999 Yamaha Grizzly
1996 HD Dyna Wide Glide
Namchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #33
camping
 
tentcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 988
in defense of the Fords I have heard that 80% are still on the road...........the other 20% made it home.


just keeping it fun!!!!
__________________

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 368
Got this from my proud native american friend in Wyo: Found On Reservation Dump
__________________
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namchief View Post
I did hear that Fords have an option for a Heated tailgate. They say it really helps with snow on keeping snow off the license plate. Ford owners really love the option as in the winter it keeps their hands warm while pushing the truck home or pushing to get it unstuck in the snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper1 View Post
in defense of the Fords I have heard that 80% are still on the road...........the other 20% made it home


Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7794 View Post
If you have a Tundra 5.7 you don't have to defend it...it speaks for itself.
Same here with my Ford 5.4.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
I guess we can let the #'s speak for themselves

May 2012 truck sales:
  1. Ford F Series -246,116
  2. Silverado -160,942
  3. Ram -114,630
  4. Sierra - 60,466
  5. Tacoma - 55,289
  6. Tundra - 36,418
  7. Frontier - 23,734
  8. Ranger -17,526
  9. Colorado -17,333
  10. Avalanche - 9,283
  11. Titan - 8,347
  12. Ridgeline - 6,084
  13. Canyon - 4,761
  14. Equator - 743
  15. Dakota - 441
Even GM owner's normal response "Well, if you add together the Silverado and Sierra's sales....." is blown out of the water.
__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
FreedomTracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 293
FORD now stands for:

F ederal
O wnership
R respectfully
D eclined

Just icing on the cake... all in fun.
Best TV is usually the one you have that works and is paid for!
__________________
2012 Ford F150 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
2011 Rockwood MiniLite 1809s
E2 WDH 600/6000lbs
FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #38
camping
 
tentcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 988
we get cake?
__________________

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Just because ford didn't take a hand out doesn't make them better and just because gm did doesn't make them worse
Pretty sure no one in there right mind would design a truck that you have to pull the cab to change head gaskets. now that's engineering!

Man I love this thread :ROFLBLACK:
Who started it anyway
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
I thought it originally started as a good thread, then the bashing started. Just another thread on FR gone downhill.
__________________

__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.