Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #1

deciding on favorite campground

Out of all the campgrounds that you have stayed at, do you and your spouse agree on one that is your favorite? Who decides on which campground you stay at? Why you like a campground for a certain reason and your spouse likes another campground for a certain reason?
wv campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
MI Camperz

When we camped at different places, we picked CGs that were fairly close to home or a state away. If spur of the moment, we picked by weather radar and forecast. Ended up in some nice places. Don't have a #1 personal favorite ...maybe Millcreek near Mackinac Island, MI. Love the views, the beach, the heated pools, and large enough to bike around the park. Close to nice attractions, but not urban at all. Must have at least a lake with a beach.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #3

Before we became seasonal we always went back to my local favorite and DW's local favorite, both are state parks in Wisconsin. When the kids went with we made sure there would be something different for them to do/see.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #4

We've never singled out just one as a favorite. We have several favorites that we like to visit, but one of them is not better than the others in our eyes.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

CG's to us are just a place to park and come back to after we are done sight seeing for the day. We don't go camping just to camp as I can't sit still and need to be doing stuff or I will go nuts and bring the DW along for fun. So really no favourites.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #6

My favorite campground is Aspen Glade NFS campground in southern Colorado. Never crowded, quiet and right on the Conejos River. Been going to it for almost 50 years. With my grandkids starting to go several years ago, that makes five generations that have camped there.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #7

we have one CG that is about an hour from the house. there's lots of times that a quick little getaway is in mind that we head there. it is our favorite. heck, cheaper than a hotel room and we get to sleep in our own bed. we both plan out our other trips which is usually because we take our atvs. not much said there.
we like this one particular CG because it's quiet, down home feeling, people are great, NO CRIME, DOG FRIENDLY!!!!, neighbors look out for each other, and they got it set up great. sometimes it is just nice to get away and lay up like a gutshot deer!
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #8

When I was young I used to go often to a provincial park in Temegami, Ontario about an hour's drive north of North Bay. It's a beautiful area.
There was (and still is, I assume) one site there known as "the point". It's huge compared to all the other sites, secluded and is right on the water. It wasn't any more expensive and getting it was strictly a matter of timing.

At one point back then, I started dating a young lady who had never been further north than the city of Toronto and she always wondered what it was that caused me to disappear "up north" every time I had a few days off. So I took her with me. To that spot.
She was quite taken with the endless trees, lakes and huge rock formations and was rather bemused at having a male do all the cooking, cleaning, etc.

The first night there, she was endlessly poking the fire as all newbies do; looking quite pleased with herself (she had, earlier in the day, caught an enormous pike -a first for her) when the loons started.
Just one at first, and she was spellbound. Then more joined in until there were several of them going at it and the sound was echoing off the rocks all around us.
I've never seen such a look of sheer awe on someone's face.
I'll never forget that.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
Anacortesians

We have three favorites, all in Washington State. One is Columbia Riverfront Resort in Woodland, WA. A beautifully maintained park, it's right on the eastern bank of the Columbia as it flows northwards from Portland to the Pacific. All the sites face the river so you can watch the big ships from your lawn chair.

Our second favorite is Charbonneau State Park, operated by the Corps of Engineers. It's on the shore of Lake Sacajawea near Burbank, WA. Sites are well separated - you're not at risk of hitting your neighbor's awning when you run your slides out!

Our third is a county park near Lake Chelan, WA, called Beebe Bridge Park. It's run by the Chelan County PUD. It's also a Columbia river site.Like Charbonneau, there's LOTS of room.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #10

We have several favorites. It depends on what we feel like doing while we are there.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote