Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #31
Trailer Trash

Agree warmovies. The price used to spike right before a holiday weekend. Now it spikes 2-3 wekeends before a holiday.
Plymouth, MN 4.39 gas, 3.82 diesel - use gas buddy!!!!
Also heard 2 refineries went offline in Chicago area recently. Gas should be lower as USA has huge refining capacity compared to other countries. The trucks and the trains are hauling tanks of crude out of SD all the time. I am convinced that crude oil is being sold overseas instead of taking care of the homeland. It is more profitable to sell it overseas is the only reason.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #32
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
I really dont care what the price of diesel is. I drive my truck on weekends and to pull the camper. I do not have a smart phone, and bring lunch in every day to work. if I was worried about the price I would of got a gasser, and or a smaller trailer, or none at all. When I need fuel I just fill it and price is not my main concern, but clean fuel is...
I agree altho' I have a gasser. There's nothing we can do about the price of gas or diesel except bitch, so why bother? Either pay it or go home and park it.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Agree warmovies. The price used to spike right before a holiday weekend. Now it spikes 2-3 wekeends before a holiday.
Plymouth, MN 4.39 gas, 3.82 diesel - use gas buddy!!!!
Also heard 2 refineries went offline in Chicago area recently. Gas should be lower as USA has huge refining capacity compared to other countries. The trucks and the trains are hauling tanks of crude out of SD all the time. I am convinced that crude oil is being sold overseas instead of taking care of the homeland. It is more profitable to sell it overseas is the only reason.
If it is going overseas, and I'm sure it is, it's because we don't have enough refining capacity. The last major refinery was built in the 70s and we didn't have the various gas blends by season and state. It was just leaded, unleaded and premium. Thank your neighborhood tree hugger.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #34
Steve & Phyllis

My friends from Germany find it amusing that we are unhappy at $4 a gallon. They said even 20 years ago that was a good price in Bavaria.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBingham52 View Post
My friends from Germany find it amusing that we are unhappy at $4 a gallon. They said even 20 years ago that was a good price in Bavaria.
when I was stationed in wiesbaden germany in the early 80`s 1 liter was 3.20 a mark and the exchange rate was oven $3.00

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote