Old 11-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
Talking Do you feel as good when you get home as going?

Weather permitted this weekend to take the unit back out after winterizing. We operated on the no water rules and used gallon water jugs for the toilet required uses. It was a bit of a bump in the road for DW, but a fantastic trip.

We did notice that after getting home and cleaning out the camper that we both felt as good as we did out there.

Just saying... Is this an old age thing or do we need better medication?

Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
For the past three summers we have taken extended RV trips (100/114/72 days each). On the last day of each trip we said to each other, we don't want to go home. We love the freedom of the road, all the places to see and the things to do.
But we do need to come home and be responsible adults, plus there are those doctor and dentist appointments.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tom & Renée
Durham, NC

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
There's always something about "going home". What's interesting- we've been fulltiming since June and recently took a 2 week trip back to our hometown. By about day 10, we couldn't wait to "go home" which was our camper waiting for us in Las Vegas.

5er_tom - lots of people are responsible adults and fulltime. It just takes some figuring out. Heck, I do it while working a normal 9-5/salaried position, with 2 kids and a wife, and am loving it.
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #4
cogito ergo moo
I usually feel way worse getting home. On the road and getting to the campground seems like a flash, and setting up is overwritten by the anticipation of a good time. Tear down is usually ok, but once I see my house, it's like the Bataan Death March. Getting the camper in its spot in the driveway and unhooked, all laundry, luggage, unused groceries and other stuff transferred to the house, camper cleaned out and otherwise secured seems like pure hell. It's usually an hour or two after I get home before I can have a sit-down and rest up a bit.

FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss (coming soon)
Nights camped 2016 -9
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog:

Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote