Old 09-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #1

Dodge Tow Truck

Hey All: I have a 2012 30 foot forest river Flagstaff Classic. and I tow it with a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty with a 5.9 Cummins Diesel. I have talked to several folks on another forum called Dodge talk about adding a tuner or a chip to my truck to increase power and change the shift points to make the towing experience easier. But I can tell most of these guys are young guys and they just want raw power for racing or You tube videos or that pretty black smoke. I was wondering if any of you folks are using a comparable truck to mine and what chip or tuner are you using for towing? As always thanks in advance!!

Travel safe and GOD Bless!!!
Boneman171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneman171 View Post
Hey All: I have a 2012 30 foot forest river Flagstaff Classic. and I tow it with a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty with a 5.9 Cummins Diesel. I have talked to several folks on another forum called Dodge talk about adding a tuner or a chip to my truck to increase power and change the shift points to make the towing experience easier. But I can tell most of these guys are young guys and they just want raw power for racing or You tube videos or that pretty black smoke. I was wondering if any of you folks are using a comparable truck to mine and what chip or tuner are you using for towing? As always thanks in advance!!
I just tuned my truck via atp truck.
I have a duramax but they do similar for dodge and ford.

http://atptrucks.com/cummins-diesel.html

Right now I'm seeing a 3-4 mpg gain on the economy 90hp tune.

I have the selectable dsp5 switch.
1 optimized stock.
2 heavy tow 30 hp
3 light tow 60 hp
4 economy 90hp
5 street 120hp

Tags
dodge, truck