Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #1

E-cigs

I'm just wondering how many of us here use them or some form of the vaporizers. I have successfully quit smoking real cigs with my vaporizers and am now into the ones called RBA or rebuildable atomizers. Just an off subject random thing I was pondering about today! I personally believe that they are amazing especially since they have gotten so many people to quit smoking!!
turnerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #2

I use ecigs myself I don't do RBAs I have several pro tanks and a few carto tanks I have 3 provaris 18 months ago I was smoking 2 packs a day have not smoked since I got my first ecig
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:15 AM   #3
NELA

I put out my last conventional cigarette one year ago on the 28th of this month, after having smoked for more years than I care to admit.

I use e-cigs as a pacifier and am gradually stepping down on nicotine (now down to 11).

I love that you have flavor options. My current favorites are Blackberry Brandy, Amaretto and Butter Rum. NO, lol, there is no alcohol in them. My juices are blended locally so I know they are fresh and contain "medical grade nicotine" and vegetable based oil which, oddly, is water soluble.

I started out using the disposables that you find in convenience stores. TOO expensive! So I found a head shop locally where you can buy the refillable/rechargeable systems. MUCH cheaper and with many more options.

DH is "workin' on it" as well. He no longer smokes cigarettes, per se, but will smoke a cigar at times, and carries an e-cig with him to use in between.

I quit after the biggest health scare of my life....the dreaded spot on my lung found when I went to the doc for more-than-usual coughing. whew...wasn't the Big C....was a tiny spot of
atelectasis - definition of atelectasis in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia..

Three days off conventional cigarettes and *all* the coughing stopped, hasn't returned. I no longer feel like I'm trying to breathe through a wet sponge!

FTR, you can buy the tanks and batteries on eBay *much* cheaper than you'll find them in smoke shops, etc.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #4

Most of the stuff I buy is on line but also the vape shops here have pretty good selection and fair prices
Old 03-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #5

It's nice to see that others have quit with the help of these. Even though I am into the rbas now I still have the others I have a pro tank the iclear30 and a dct tank with a battery that has adjustable voltage from 3 to 4 volts.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #6

No matter what I try I could never get the iclear 30 to not leak
Old 03-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #7

I quit 4 years ago with the help of E-cigs. Best move I've made. Feelin good.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
B47

Lots of discussion about these things. Some say they don't contain nicotine and other harmful products;others say they do.

Several business,schools and local city governments have banned them from their premises.

Just saying.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblaze580 View Post
No matter what I try I could never get the iclear 30 to not leak

I had the same problem with the iclear 30 until I changed the o-rings out and I have never had the problem again!

As far as the discussions on them you are able to get the juice with or without nicotine and in amounts that you choose. As far as harmful chemicals I don't believe that they have any the juice is only made up of 4 components (3 if you choose to not have nicotine) and none are harmful IMHO.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #10

I just prefer carto tanks and my pro tanks now
Old 03-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #11

I have been using the water vapor with nicotine since the first of October and have been lowering the nicotine on them each month. I am now down to the lowest form of the e-cig I am using (blucig) and have ordered the non-nicotine ones to begin using next month. I can go hours without even thinking about them, so I don't think it's going to make much difference now.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerpa View Post
I had the same problem with the iclear 30 until I changed the o-rings out and I have never had the problem again!

As far as the discussions on them you are able to get the juice with or without nicotine and in amounts that you choose. As far as harmful chemicals I don't believe that they have any the juice is only made up of 4 components (3 if you choose to not have nicotine) and none are harmful IMHO.
Could be - I don't use them,so I'm only saying what I've heard and read.

I do know for sure about some places banning them;at least in the DFW area.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #13

Some good reading is the casaa report
Old 03-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Could be - I don't use them,so I'm only saying what I've heard and read.

I do know for sure about some places banning them;at least in the DFW area.

I have heard of some places banning them as well. I understand that they could make some people uncomfortable to look over and see a puff of what appears to be smoke. I completely understand banning them on school grounds because once you put the juice in the tank who is to say if there is nicotine in it or not? Even if you had the juice bottle labeled as zero nicotine who's to say you didn't make your own and just put it in that bottle? I am one that understands both sides of this debate but still in my book I couldn't be happier with them just for the simple fact that I do not smoke at all anymore! I don't even want one when I drink anymore! So they can be a great tool to help people like me actually quit for good! I am down to the lowest level of nicotine as well and could easily go to zero without hesitation. In fact my next bottles of juice will have zero!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #15
B47

Quote:
I have heard of some places banning them as well. I understand that they could make some people uncomfortable to look over and see a puff of what appears to be smoke. I completely understand banning them on school grounds because once you put the juice in the tank who is to say if there is nicotine in it or not? Even if you had the juice bottle labeled as zero nicotine who's to say you didn't make your own and just put it in that bottle? I am one that understands both sides of this debate but still in my book I couldn't be happier with them just for the simple fact that I do not smoke at all anymore! I don't even want one when I drink anymore! So they can be a great tool to help people like me actually quit for good! I am down to the lowest level of nicotine as well and could easily go to zero without hesitation. In fact my next bottles of juice will have zero!
I'm not sure I was correct when I said "schools" in my first post. I'm not an user of these devices,so I don't follow it too close. Is smoking even allowed in schools these days?

Anyways - congrats to you and others here who have been able to either quit smoking entirely or reduced their use of tobacco with the help of these devices.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #16

So what are some of the users of these favorite flavors? My favorites are watermelon, peach, cherry, and blueberry.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
NELA

Those seeking to ban them claim they're a "gateway" to regular cigarettes for the young.

I know that some parents are taking the "well if you're going to smoke anyway I'd prefer you go with the e-cigs" position.

No matter the reasons for "banning" it'll result in taxation. Take that to the bank.

I have no doubt that going to e-cigs has improved my breathing *greatly*, and I made it through this winter with *no* chest cold for the first time in years. I breathe easy and sleep better, and I can't even remember the last time I coughed a simple (non smoker's type) cough. I also stopped sneezing daily. Doc says I had formed an allergy to regular cigarettes, thus causing more mucus formation resulting in the small collapsed area in my right lung.

I've talked with my customers after they asked about what I was "smoking" and I found out last week that one has now been totally off regular cigarettes, cold turkey and on to an e-cig for a whole month.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #18
NELA

I don't care for the fruit flavors as they never really taste like the real thing. Same goes for crème soda, bubble gum and cotton candy flavors.

As stated earlier, my current faves are Blackberry Brandy, Butter Rum and Amaretto...all non alcohol of course.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #19
B47

Quote:
So what are some of the users of these favorite flavors? My favorites are watermelon, peach, cherry, and blueberry.

As stated before I don't use them,but after seeing some of the flavors listed here; i might be tempted to try. Some sound yummy.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #20
NELA

I've been through quite a few batteries, different brands and styles. I prefer the variable voltage batteries because some juices taste better at lower voltage, some taste better at higher voltage.

They come with a USB type charger that also plugs into a 110V charger which also comes with it. I joked with DH that my laptop looks like an octopus...cords hangin' off it like legs with batteries plugged in and chargin'.

Try to get the type "tank" (what the juice goes in) that allows you to change out components. The "core" with "wicks" gets old and a new core is only about $5.00 ea. Change out the core and it works like a brand new tank.