Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #1

Ernie Banks dies at 83

RIP Mr. Cub.

Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer Ernie Banks dies at 83 - AOL.com
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Thanks for sharing this Wiscapsin. I am a major Cubs fan and am on their email list. After reading your post, I went and checked my email to see. Here is the Cubbies message:

================================================== ========== CUBS NEWS - January 24, 2015 ================================================== ========== CUBS HALL OF FAMER ERNIE BANKS PASSES AWAY AT THE AGE OF 83 The Chicago Cubs tonight are saddened to announce that Hall of Famer Ernie Banks, the greatest Cub in franchise history, has passed away at the age of 83. "Words cannot express how important Ernie Banks will always be to the Chicago Cubs, the city of Chicago and Major League Baseball. He was one of the greatest players of all time," said Tom Ricketts, Chairman of the Cubs. "He was a pioneer in the major leagues. And more importantly, he was the warmest and most sincere person I've ever known. "Approachable, ever optimistic and kind hearted, Ernie Banks is and always will be Mr. Cub. My family and I grieve the loss of such a great and good-hearted man, but we look forward to celebrating Ernie's life in the days ahead." More on Cubs.com >> The Official Site of The Chicago Cubs | cubs.com: Homepage

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote