Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #1

Escapees members; please help

If you are an Escapee member, full time rv'er, please tell me if you use that Livingston address as your "residence" on you TX DL. I was denied that ability today when renewing my TX DL. We use that address for our passports, CHL's, truck & rig registrations, DW's TX DL too. All of a sudden, we can't. Believe it or not, they used the CG address where we are! I've got a call into the DPS - the gov's office was no help.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
Owner/Operator

Sometimes the bureaucracy is amazing.

Also an Escapee member since 1986 (#11025) when I renewed my NM Drivers License back in 1988 in Santa Fe, I was told that I could not use the Mail Forwarding address on my drivers license.

The clerk ask me what my physical address was. I replied that I did not have a physical address Per se, as there were no road names or rural route numbers where our land parcel was located. The clerk asked where the parcel was, and I replied "about 23 miles southeast of Deming". The clerk then processed the license, and when I received it, the address read "About 23 miles SE of Deming".

I always wondered what a policeman would say should I get a ticket, and want to know where to mail the correspondence.

True!

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote