Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 09:55 PM   #1

Fall Foilage

Hola amigos! I live in South Texas, which has no seasons. I want to experience the royal splender of the fall foilage. I need suggestions on places to camp within 1000 miles or so of Corpus Christi to see the changing colors of the leaves. I travel with my puppy so I don't require fancy RV resorts. I do prefer hookups because I don't have a generator. Thanks!
Hector517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #2

There is not much in the way of fall foilage within 1,000 miles of Corpus Christi. You could try AK or MO in late October.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #3

Fall Foilage

1212 mile would get you to central Indiana. Now that get you to some fall foliage. If interested just say the word and I get you Some campground info.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #4

A bit further that you want to go , Try Michigan,s West side of the state or the UP for fall colors. Cant be beat. Thats where we are headed , leaving from Florida in about a month. Will hang out for 3 weeks or so and then start a treck back south.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #5

I'll put a plug in for Branson Mo in the fall. There is a lot to see and do there. If you enjoy the shows that is a plus. Silver Dollar City was always nice. I haven't been to Silver Dollar City in years, but we go to Branson one to two times a year and will be going back in late Oct.
Anytime from early Oct. until early Nov should be a good time.
There are lots of camp grounds around Branson, and Hotel and Motels are reasonable priced.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
There is not much in the way of fall foilage within 1,000 miles of Corpus Christi. You could try AK or MO in late October.
AK is Alaska.

Just fyi.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:00 PM   #7

Thanks for the suggestions to see the fall colors. I have travelled as far as the Northeast corner of Oklahoma and believe I can make it to Missouri. Branson sounds interesting and perhaps I can catch some shows. I am really interested though in the landscape and freshwater fishing. Rock on!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #8

Northwestern lower michigan is further than you want to go but is as good as it gets.Second week -third week of october.You can camp in my yard,Ive got a 50 amp full hook up site,inc sewer in my drive way!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector517 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions to see the fall colors. I have travelled as far as the Northeast corner of Oklahoma and believe I can make it to Missouri. Branson sounds interesting and perhaps I can catch some shows. I am really interested though in the landscape and freshwater fishing. Rock on!
There's very little that's more scenic than Northern Arkansas in the fall. The White River is home to world record rainbow and brown trout. Greers Ferry Lake, about 35 miles north of my house, is home to the world record walleye. Branson is nice enough.......but you don't have to go to Branson to see the Ozarks. Arkansas has Beaver Lake, Bull Shoals Lake, Norfork Lake, rivers for fishing, rivers for kayaks, creeks, and about a billion camp sites. To get there from Texas, you can take the backroads north from Texarkana and see Lake Ouachita, Degray, Greeson, Dierks, DeQueen, and Queen Wilhelmena state park on the way, or stop and mine for free diamonds!!!.......through the Ouachita Mountains headed to the Ozarks.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #10

Thanks for the offer but I can't drive to Michigan. But perhaps I can take a Greyhound and pitch a tent in your yard, and see a Michigan college football game with you.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #11

Can anybody tell me about Eureka Springs, Arkansas?
Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #12

We are heading to Gatlinburg TN Oct 25 as my wife likes to see the fall colors. Not much here at the coast as palm trees and pine trees do not change..
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:12 PM   #13

I'm Sold on Arkansas. Your description is what I needed to hear. Where can I get information about campsite reservations? I am thinking about the last week of October and the first week of November. I try to stay off major Interstate Highways and enjoy the countryside.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #14

Just google camping in Arkansas. There are 52 state parks in Arkansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #15

What are you driving/pulling? Most state parks have huge sites. Only one, Mt. Nebo State Park, would I suggest staying away from if you have anything over a popup. Just too narrow.

Arkansas Parks - national forests - Native American mounds

then go to reserveamerica.com, and put in "Arkansas" and see all the COE campgrounds...........if you have a Sr. Access Pass, they're about $10 a night, and most are great.

PM me if you need more info.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #16

I am pulling a MicroLite 21FBRS. Thanks for all the advice. You guys are First Class!
Old 08-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector517 View Post
I am pulling a MicroLite 21FBRS. Thanks for all the advice. You guys are First Class!
Then there is not a single place in this state that you can't fit just fine. Pick any or all of 'em.

Honk when you go through!

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-27-2016, 11:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
There's very little that's more scenic than Northern Arkansas in the fall. The White River is home to world record rainbow and brown trout. Greers Ferry Lake, about 35 miles north of my house, is home to the world record walleye. Branson is nice enough.......but you don't have to go to Branson to see the Ozarks. Arkansas has Beaver Lake, Bull Shoals Lake, Norfork Lake, rivers for fishing, rivers for kayaks, creeks, and about a billion camp sites. To get there from Texas, you can take the backroads north from Texarkana and see Lake Ouachita, Degray, Greeson, Dierks, DeQueen, and Queen Wilhelmena state park on the way, or stop and mine for free diamonds!!!.......through the Ouachita Mountains headed to the Ozarks.
Darn, BandJCarm, here I am putting a plug in for Branson and you just blew me out of the water with your Plug on Arkansas. There went our tax dollars from Tourist. After hearing your plug for Arkansas it makes me want to make a trip to Arkansas. I am interested in mining for the diamonds. My wife has been wanting a new ring.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #19

Come on. Within a few miles of Murfreesboro, the diamond mine, are nice lakes and nice areas. BUT, the actual diamond mine is a dirt field!!! LOL

Just be aware. It's fun, but not scenic, at least not for about 10 miles........

FROG AR-0019-242