Old 06-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
Camper Less Camping
Happy Father's Day to All!

2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
Director, FROG
It's a quiet weekend here in Middlebury for Cindy and me. We went out to breakfast and dinner and did some shopping yesterday on her birthday, and it's pretty quiet today. (Middlebury and Shipshewana pretty much roll up the sidewalks and put them away on Sunday.)

The kids are in MO, IL, SC, and GA (Jim & Janet also celebrated a wedding anniversary yesterday in SC). We heard from most of them yesterday. There are grandkids in all of those places, plus NY and MS.

Dad's been gone for 30 years this fall (that can't possibly be right!), and I miss him every day. He gave me my love of travel. He and Mom used to throw four boys into a car with no air conditioning and take off for a week or two every year. Dad's attitude was always, "This would be a great day to be starting on a trip somewhere!" Many years later, Mom told me, "I'm not sure what we were thinking. I guess we thought we were having fun, I don't know." We were, and I often wonder what Dad would have thought of traveling in an RV rather than a Chevy Impala. I can just imagine the smile.

Happy Father's Day to one and all!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
We're on a Father's Day camping trip close by to home. Its been nice. DW made the reservation to depart tomorrow so I don't have a "day of labor" getting out of here today.

Tonight, we head over to my MIL's house where my parents will join us for a Father's Day cookout at the lake. My dad is in his mid-70's now and going strong so hope to have quite a few more of these days to share with him in the future!

Happy Father's Day to all of you!!

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #14
Love these stories. My Dad is gone a year ago Feb. He took us camping as kids, first in a cabin in Black Moshannon Nat. Forrest in Pa, then a tent, then a pop-up, then him and mom finally settled down in a TT in a park for the next 25 years. What great memories. Mom is 84 now and sometimes will visit us when were in the park that they had their TT in.

"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
My dad passed away 30 years ago.....and like you Bob, I can't believe it has been that long. I was in my early twenties. I missed having him with me for my wedding and birth of his grandkids. On Father's Day I especially spend time remembering him and thanking him! Thank you daddy and I love and miss you!
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #16
My dad passed when I was 20 years old. There are good memories though. Still hurts to read some of those posts. We'll see our son later today, here in Pinetop, AZ.
Alan, Kathy & Cooper the camping cat
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS
2013 GMC 2500 Denali
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
I went see my Dad the a week ago he in a home , even though he doesn't know who I am I still like being around him. I hope he feels the love !

Happy Father's Day everyone and God bless!!

HarrynSally is offline   Reply With Quote